Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Trade Only
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Want for Trade: ROADWARS Arcadia Super Select

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archminion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Want for Trade: ROADWARS Arcadia Super Select
    Posted: 12 May 2018 at 5:48pm
I have the following Super Select boards for trade:

NINJA MISSION
XENON
SIDEWINDER
SPACE RANGER
MAGIC JOHNSON'S FAST BREAK
SPORT TIME BOWLING
SPORT TIME TABLE HOCKEY
WORLD DARTS
LEADERBOARD

I want a Roadwars pcb, either trade or purchase.

Thank you

macro View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Mike>Senior member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 12:40pm
In theory you should be able to reprogram any of the carts you have to roadwars instead.

You need to decrypt the image (in mame) and then re-encrypt for the security chip fitted to the cartridge you wish to use - they just do data line scrambling.

I still want Rockford, but no-one is admitting having a copy ...

Macro
damagestar View Drop Down
Patreon
Patreon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damagestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 12:54pm
Anyone know who bought the electro choice elite with 10 games on ebay last year? Can't remember all the games but Rockford wasn't one of them.
Archminion View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archminion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 1:02pm
Macro: Thanks for the reply.
I remember reading about this. I do know that the boards all have varying quantities of chips on them, do you know if this would likely be an issue?

In all honesty, I'd rather get original boards where possible, but because most my Arcadia boards have hand written labels on the chips, I think they probably have been 'updated' or re-written at some point?

The labels are obviously very old though and I can't help but think that the way the arcade operator obtained a new game was to send an unpopular game back to the supplier and they simply wrote the new game over the old one on the board?

I did read somewhere that there was a discounted exchange problem in place and this sounds to me like a pretty cost effective method.

About Rockford: I always wondered if it was only ever a prototype?

At the same show, an early version of Roadwars was also shown which was near identical to the released Amiga version.

The version of RW in mame is imo a completely different game than the one on the Amiga.

Other Arcadia titles like Leaderboard, Aaargh! and Ninja Mission had changes and improvements made to their arcade versions over the Amiga versions but they weren't as diverse as Roadwars.

Damagestar: Can you remember by chance if Roadwars was one of them?
Is there a link still so I can have a look please? cheers.
Patreon
Patreon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damagestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 2:29pm
I think it might have had road blasters yeah. Being a total electrocoin nerd I've probably got screenshots of it somewhere I'll have a look. I was planning on buying it and selling my elite as mine is missing the arcadia system but my phone messed up and I didn't place my bid in time. It went for around £350 I think. Bargain with 10 games Confused
Patreon
Patreon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damagestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 2:53pm
Yeah it had Roadblasters mate.

Edit: I ment Roadwars Embarrassed

Edited by damagestar - 16 May 2018 at 8:39pm
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archminion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 7:47pm
That's very cool, and this cab seems set up pretty much exactly like mine.

Do you know when in 2017 it was sold by any chance?

Thanks again

Edited by Archminion - 15 May 2018 at 7:49pm
Patreon
Patreon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damagestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 9:41pm
Yeah I've found the listing for you. It only went for £290 with the 10 games! Absolute bargain, still kicking myself I messed up my bid. One sold a couple of years ago for more than that with no arcadia gear and had been ruined with a crap custom Street fighter cpo and extra holes drilled

Anyway here's the listing..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Arcade-Machine-/252891636425?_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=Gx3No7QHv4oV20Lql2hDQtnDeek%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archminion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 3:12pm
Thanks very much,

If only I could get in touch with the guy to see if he'd sell that Roadwars board...

It's possible he didn't even know what he was buying at first as the title is so generic (has to be the reason it went so cheap).

Looking at the going rate of the whole kit, I'd even be prepared to pay £200 + postage for just that board alone. Since it seems to be much harder to get collectors to part with a single board over the full kit...

Sadly it looks like my own boards seem to be from the basic cab factory set up as that's the 3rd time I've seen the same 10 game set as mine.
u72 View Drop Down
High Score
High Score
PM Sent!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote u72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by damagestar damagestar wrote:

Yeah I've found the listing for you. It only went for £290 with the 10 games! Absolute bargain, still kicking myself I messed up my bid. One sold a couple of years ago for more than that with no arcadia gear and had been ruined with a crap custom Street fighter cpo and extra holes drilled

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Arcade-Machine-/252891636425?_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=Gx3No7QHv4oV20Lql2hDQtnDeek%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Hi, I grabbed this cab, it’s now fully working and will be making an appearance in Arcade Club
When the new floor opens, I am not interested in selling any of the games (sorry) :( )

Andy
Arcade Club - Officially the Largest Classic Video Arcade in Europe! :)

> CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS<

Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archminion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 5:00pm
No problem,

If you ever change your mind, you know where to find me...

;)
u72 View Drop Down
High Score
High Score
PM Sent!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote u72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by Archminion Archminion wrote:

No problem,

If you ever change your mind, you know where to find me...

;)

I would if I thought I would - don’t stop searching ;)

Andy
Arcade Club - Officially the Largest Classic Video Arcade in Europe! :)

> CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS<

Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archminion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 5:40pm
Cheers Andy,

If ever you do: £200 for that game + postage.

Best regards

Glenn
Patreon
Patreon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damagestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by u72 u72 wrote:

Originally posted by damagestar damagestar wrote:

Hi, I grabbed this cab, it’s now fully working and will be making an appearance in Arcade Club
When the new floor opens, I am not interested in selling any of the games (sorry) :( )

Andy

Good to know. Just out of interest, did you first notice the auction for this when it was linked on the forums a few hours before it finished or was you already watching?
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archminion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 7:32pm
Just when it was linked.

The ebay listing was very vague.
I don't think the seller knew what he had there.
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archminion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 7:33pm
Good to know it's going to be appreciated by many :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic