Forum Home Forum Home > Pinball > General Pinball Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

First Pinball

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zumbito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First Pinball
    Posted: 30 March 2018 at 9:02am
Hi,

I just grab my first pin, but at them moment is a friends warehouse. I have to bring it home, but no idea how to transport it, or even move it around once home. I was wodnering how do you move pinballs around. For bringing it home I guess I have to dismantle and fold, but once home I was wodnering if there is anything to move it around easily. I think I saw some casters that are placed individually in each leg, but can´t find them anywhere. Any advice?
robin_l View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin_l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2018 at 10:55am

Right.  

You will need:

Socket set

A friend

Blanket

Ratchet strap

barrow

Step 1: remove the balls.

The back box (the bit on top with the scores) will either fold down or on older machines can be removed.  Sometimes you have to remove the glass, then undo a number of bolts before it will fold down.

Put a blanket on top of the machine, then fold the back box down.  Pass the ratchet strap around and tighten moderately.

Next: remove the legs.  You ideally need a wooden prop, or a friend.  Lift the rear of the machine up and undo the two bolts on each rear leg.  Remove legs and gently let the rear of the machine down.  

Now tip the machine so that the coin door is facing up towards the ceiling.  Remove the front legs.

Tip the machine slightly so you can slip the barrow underneath.

I hope this makes sense – tell us which machine it is, please.

Edited by robin_l - 30 March 2018 at 10:56am
Nawa oh!
Pharo View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pharo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2018 at 2:33pm
You forgot to mention to get it into place you might have to go under it and do the turtle ha ha.
zumbito View Drop Down
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zumbito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2018 at 2:39pm
Hahaha Indispensable that already to fit it inside the van. What about casters?
Breaking Dad View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
USA USA!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breaking Dad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2018 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Pharo Pharo wrote:

You forgot to mention to get it into place you might have to go under it and do the turtle ha ha.
Haa....I've done the turtle many a times... ....congrats on your first pin....your second (and 3rd ) will follow shortly............Joey
I have no more money for pinball machines...!!!....Joey
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
USA USA!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breaking Dad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2018 at 4:06pm
Ohh yaa.....What pin did you get...???!!!............Joey
zumbito View Drop Down
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zumbito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 8:10am
Not very popular one, a World Cup Soccer. But it is kinda linked to my childhood, so very happy.

BTW, I have been offered a Lethal Weapon, with a faulty transformer, it starts burning the covering plastic when turned on. Is that a big issue? Does it have to be replaced? If so, for how much?
robin_l View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin_l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 9:00am
Yeah, I know World Cup Soccer.  It's all right, that.  And as long as you like it, that's the important thing.

Sign up to http://www.pinballowners.com - you can get a cool certificate to print out!

Lethal Weapon 3 transformer... not sure.  The manual is here,  http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/1433/Data_East_1992_Lethal_Weapon_3_Manual.pdf  , obviously that's the USA 110V schematics but may be of use.  Check all the fuses anyway, people replace them with nails and things.  

Nawa oh!
ben76 View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Official Porchy fan club member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ben76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 5:05pm
World Cup soccer is underrated imo...
LW3 is also a great pin imo and if its cheap then I'd buy it but then again how comfortable are you with fixing it? Oh also would need to be in OK condition of course!

- Ben
I Porchy
zumbito View Drop Down
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zumbito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 6:10pm
What do you consider cheap? I have no clue how to fix a stepdown transformer...
Pinballgeek View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinballgeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2018 at 5:57pm
Oh check out pinballinfo , the dedicated pinball forum in the uk, make sure to say hello you'll be welcome 
robin_l View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin_l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2018 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by zumbito zumbito wrote:

What do you consider cheap?

I think the most important thing is whether it's complete and how much wear the playfield has.    

I have no clue how to fix a stepdown transformer...

You wouldn't fix it, just replace it.  But yeah, pinballinfo.com is where to go.
Nawa oh!
ben76 View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ben76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2018 at 12:24am
Originally posted by robin_l robin_l wrote:

What do you consider cheap?

I think the most important thing is whether it's complete and how much wear the playfield has.    

I have no clue how to fix a stepdown transformer...

You wouldn't fix it, just replace it.  But yeah, pinballinfo.com is where to go.
This...
Oh and if complete but something I know I could get going again and again in good nick 500... Fully working obviously more and again it's an underrated pin imo.

- Ben
I Porchy
zumbito View Drop Down
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zumbito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2018 at 11:37am
Ok, finally it wasn´t a WCS, I ended up taking a Dracula. But need a nice cleaning, some scratches, red is fading away on the sides and need some rubber replacements. I have never had a pinball before so quite hesssitant where to start. I´m literally starting from 0 here.
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
USA USA!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breaking Dad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2018 at 12:15pm
I jumped in feet first also....a bit overwhelming at first...but if you like to tinker...you will be re-rubbering and waxing that bad boy in no time.....!!!.......Joey
robin_l View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin_l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2018 at 12:21pm

Ok, finally it wasn't a WCS, I ended up taking a Dracula. But need a nice cleaning, some scratches, red is fading away on the sides and need some rubber replacements. I have never had a pinball before so quite hesitant where to start. I´m literally starting from 0 here.

There are multiple Draculas - not sure which one you have http://ipdb.org/search.pl?any=dracula&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

You can get replacement rubber kits very easily.  I wouldn't worry about the sides being faded at the moment.  What's scratched?  See also http://www.pinrepair.com
Nawa oh!
zumbito View Drop Down
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zumbito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2018 at 1:06pm
The Bram Stocker William´s one. The pin:

Playfield

Some rubbers

Plastic piece broken

There are some circle cracks in these section, here one that goes from left eye of left Dracula to right eye right side Dracula:
Smaller ones

One ramp cracked 

Red on the sides faded, and holes from the old license plate.

Paint in this part is fading too.

These red things are chipping and getting destroyed.

This plastic cover not sure what it is for, but also cracked.

Small plastic crack, that yellow thing, not sure what it was but it is just not there anymore.

Some paint chips

Legs lifting the vinyl.

And that´s all I can see with this pinball. Lots of things to do. I´m a bit scared.

robin_l View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin_l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2018 at 1:38pm
Right, yeah I've played this one, it can be fun.

Okay, looks like average wear for something of that age.  Replacing the rubbers is a five minute job.

The thing about pinball is, of course, it's a physical game.   Every time you play, those balls are hitting the playfield and chipping the surface with dirt.  The wear is just going to get worse.  There's a guy in Germany who fixes playfields, he did mine and it's as good as new:  https://www.pinball-dreams.com/en/
It's not cheap and you have to remove every component from both sides of the playfield before you send it to him (I think).  
Nawa oh!
Pharo View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pharo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2018 at 3:41pm
Good pick up Dracula is a great game had one for a couple of years most things in the pictures are easy fixed ive seen faded sides touched up with a sharpie leg protectors will hide a wee bit at the legs,playfield give a good clean then check switches in test mode,does the dmd work okay,one thing that can go wrong with these is the mist multiball and in my opinion is one of the best starts to a multiball ive seen
ben76 View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ben76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2018 at 5:32pm
I was about to say check the mist multi ball. It's one of the reason I bought one...

- Ben
I Porchy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic