Forum Home Forum Home > Pinball > General Pinball Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

First Pinball

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zumbito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2018 at 8:47am
Originally posted by robin_l robin_l wrote:

Right, yeah I've played this one, it can be fun.

Okay, looks like average wear for something of that age.  Replacing the rubbers is a five minute job.

The thing about pinball is, of course, it's a physical game.   Every time you play, those balls are hitting the playfield and chipping the surface with dirt.  The wear is just going to get worse.  There's a guy in Germany who fixes playfields, he did mine and it's as good as new:  https://www.pinball-dreams.com/en/
It's not cheap and you have to remove every component from both sides of the playfield before you send it to him (I think).  

Well, thats awesome, but I spent all the money i the pin so no funds for that kind of restoration.

Originally posted by Pharo Pharo wrote:

Good pick up Dracula is a great game had one for a couple of years most things in the pictures are easy fixed ive seen faded sides touched up with a sharpie leg protectors will hide a wee bit at the legs,playfield give a good clean then check switches in test mode,does the dmd work okay,one thing that can go wrong with these is the mist multiball and in my opinion is one of the best starts to a multiball ive seen

About cleaning the playfield, I have read that each pinball should be cleaned differently to avoid damaging the paint. How should I clean this one? I have never hit the test mode, no idea how it works yet Embarrassed. Multiball seems ok, I accidentally triggered it doing one game.

Two questions, the red plastics between posts and rubber, are they readily available? Swapping these I think it will go a great way.
I was thinking on drilling the window holes in the houses at the sides and put some lights insides. They will pop out much more and seems an easy mod. I believe the pin is a bit too dark near the flippers, all the light is on top. But again, this is my first pinball, not sure if that will ruin it....
robin_l View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin_l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2018 at 2:36pm
I think you clean the playfield with something called Novus 2 and a clean cloth.  

Red plastic things - yes, I don't know whether you mean the lane guides or the posts, but yes.  

Best ask all these questions over on pinballinfo.com 
zumbito View Drop Down
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zumbito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2018 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by robin_l robin_l wrote:

I think you clean the playfield with something called Novus 2 and a clean cloth.  

Red plastic things - yes, I don't know whether you mean the lane guides or the posts, but yes.  

Best ask all these questions over on pinballinfo.com 

I heard novus was to abrasive, but will head there for more info. Thanks!
Breaking Dad View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
USA USA!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breaking Dad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2018 at 3:10pm
Novus 1 first....only go to novus 2 if novus 1 won't do it...2 is a tiny bit abrasive...but is safe to clean a real dirty playfield.....don't forget the microfiber cloth..............Joey
I have no more money for pinball machines...!!!....Joey
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic