Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade Technical and Restoration > Tech, Maintenance & Repairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wells-Gardner Model 25k7195 video help

Post Reply Post Reply
Scoobyatgb View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scoobyatgb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wells-Gardner Model 25k7195 video help
    Posted: 12 March 2018 at 6:32pm
I have got a Wells-Gardner Model 25K7195 monitor. Now when I got the cab the was no lead on the the video connector inside it. On it it has a 10 pin connector so which pins do I use too hook this back to a jamma harness
69er View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 10:59am
some confusion arises with WG as they often label pin 1 on diagrams as last of the group of three... then list functions 1-10 beginning with pin 10?? ...  however generally there is a space at postion 7  (4 on diagrams)

starting in the corner of the board,, i.e. first six pins in the row
pin 1  red
pin 2  green
pin 3 blue
pin 4  ground
pin 5 pos vert sync
pin 6 pos horizontal sync
 7  not used
pin 8 ground
pin 9 neg vert sync
pin10 neg horizontal sync

on most JAMMA games  'composite sync' is used and this goes to pins 9 and 10 which can be linked together for that purpose 
also link pins 5 and 6 to each other 
also link pins 4 and 8 to each other as they are not linked on the monitor 

if on some non jamma 'adapted' games you get an unstable picture (rolling /twisting ?) and unable to adjust cut the link 9 - 10 and try the wire in each separately.. also . odd older games use two wires pos and neg sync

you will need to construct a molex plug with the 5/6 main wires or beg a ready made spare from somebody on here ( an offcut from a discarded loom )
NOTE ... IF YOU USE A STD MOLEX PLUG MAKE SURE YOU TRY IT ON THE PINS TO DETERMINE ITS no 1 PIN AS THEY WILL ONLY FIT ON WITH THE OPENINGS TO THE TERMINAL BLADES OUTWARD ON THE MONITOR ( the holes are offset from centre ) great as when you have made it it will only go on ONE WAY ... AS EXTRA PRECAUTION POP A MATCH OR COCTAIL STICK IN HOLE 7 AS AN IDIOT KEY .  ..( or burn it shut with a soldering iron tip ) then it cant ever go wrong way round ...  

Edited by 69er - 13 March 2018 at 12:00pm
all that glitters is not gold but may just be junk
but my junk is like gold to me and there is loads
of good old stuff in among it xx 69er xx
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic