Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade Technical and Restoration > Tech, Maintenance & Repairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Good IDE adaptor for creating CHDs?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirby2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good IDE adaptor for creating CHDs?
    Posted: 13 February 2018 at 4:50pm
I've got a copy of Maximum Force I'm thinking of selling.

The HDD works fine, but since it's so old, I thought I'd also trying adding an SD card adaptor.

I need to make an image of my Maximum Force HDD, but unfortunately I only have SATA interfaces on my PC.

Can anyone recommend a cheap USB IDE interface that works with CHDMan?

https://pastebin.com/XLB9cXXx
- Games I'm selling
tb2000 View Drop Down
Da Mon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2018 at 4:56pm
You may be better off getting a sata to ide adapter. Or maybe even a cheap pci or pci-e ide card.
Currently looking for: 14" and 19"/20" Hantarex/WG/Electrohome/Kortek etc. monitor frames
stevebm1 View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevebm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2018 at 8:04pm
why not just download the chd image?,they are all avaliable online if you search,you can then make a compact flash backup

Edited by stevebm1 - 13 February 2018 at 8:05pm
==wanted:vector pinball plastics
==
kirby2000 View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirby2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2018 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by stevebm1 stevebm1 wrote:

why not just download the chd image?,they are all avaliable online if you search,you can then make a compact flash backup

I found a guide where someone had done this with Area 51 and apparently the serial no didn't show properly and the settings were not copied across. It's not the end of the world, but it would be good to have a 1:1 of the original disk.
https://pastebin.com/XLB9cXXx
- Games I'm selling
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic