Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > Console And Retro Gaming
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Super NT?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuato_lives Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Super NT?
    Posted: 10 February 2018 at 1:39pm
Anyone managed to get hold of an Analogue Super NT able to share their thoughts on how it performs? I’ve never been a fan of playing over HDMI but have to say I was pleasantly surprised with my SNES mini. Just wondering what people make of the Super NT, and whether anyone is using the SD2SNES cart? Thanks.
gojira54 View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gojira54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2018 at 2:36pm
I'll get it next week... 
Hopefully cores will get released soon so it will be a replacement for both SNES & NES 
Gunstar View Drop Down
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gunstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2018 at 7:49pm
The MLiG video on the system is really great, goes into the various video modes and options:

It's something I'd love to get eventually although I do think the shipping cost is bananas. 

Edited by Gunstar - 10 February 2018 at 7:51pm
marach View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2018 at 10:17pm
Every review of this is loving it, to all intents and purposes it is a full working SNES even down  to the bugs! Yeah it's expensive with shipping but remember it gives you a US cart slot (yay for cheaper alternatives for rare pal games), Snes HDMI (with optional analogue connections) and a few other things. I think it actually works out cheaper than getting hold of a US SNES and HDMI mod iirc.
If it's like the Analogue NT Kevtris will release his jailbreak so it will also be a near one to one.. NES, Master System, Wonderswan, Colecovision, NES... and likely a MD core too... he's also mentioned he feels it's almost powerful enough for N64 so I'm guessing he'll port even more consoles too.
I think if he does release the  cart adapters he's mentioned, and the jailbreak, the Super NT my be THE console for high precision retro gaming. 
In all honesty I think I'll grab one later this year for my wife as like I said it's cost isn't bad for what you get.
gojira54 View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gojira54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2018 at 11:38am
Got mine yesterday... so far so good it works nicely
Didn't get hit by customs, was declared as $10 which was nice since they downgraded me from the DHL 2 day express delivery I'd paid for to 1 week UPS thanks a lot :p
Build quality is OK, nothing to rave about tbh
Video output is very good, so far everything I've tried has played really well so pretty happy
Hope the cores get released, if this can play famicom games too it will be the nuts

Kuato_lives View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuato_lives Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2018 at 12:14pm
Watched a fair few reviews on YouTube recently, all very positive as well. Hoping to order one before they sell out (was after the SFC version but saw that’s sold out at present).

Keep the reviews coming please!
DaytimeDreamer View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaytimeDreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2018 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Kuato_lives Kuato_lives wrote:

Watched a fair few reviews on YouTube recently, all very positive as well. Hoping to order one before they sell out (was after the SFC version but saw that’s sold out at present).

Keep the reviews coming please!

Black and transparent are the only ones remaining at the moment. I've asked them about re-stock. If they reply back soon I'll post the answer here.
marach View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2018 at 4:11pm
it's intended to be an ongoing platform so I expect theses are just say the first few thousand produced
marach View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2018 at 3:00pm
In case you missed it kevtris sent out a valentine's to the community the jailbreak is on github
terminator2k2 View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terminator2k2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2018 at 5:27pm
had mine arrive tuesday....so far so good...

build quality is better than i expected..plastic seems nice , thought it might be some cheap thin plastic...

played everything ive tried so far, including my sd2snes, starfox 2 repro , starfox 2 repro and stuntrace on same cart switched over ok with reset button, star wing , mario rpg , yoshi's island.....

not too keen on the scan line effects.....

i dont know if its the 8bitdo snes retro recievers, but theres no click when i insert them into the nt, like there was with an original snes/controller

not tried the jailbreak, as i have everything on sd2snes anyway...

Kuato_lives View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuato_lives Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2018 at 5:47pm
Sweet...roll on the re-stock
neo-geo-mvs View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neo-geo-mvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2018 at 6:59pm
Any pics of it on your TV? Cheers
.. It must be a random fatty
marach View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2018 at 7:50pm
For scanline it's recommended to make sure you have it set at integer values (I think it was 6:5) as it non integer means variable pixel sizes and horrible looks...  iirc you only lose a little of the screen at that scaling and that's close to the original over-scan loss anyway.
gojira54 View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gojira54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2018 at 8:20pm
It's worth the $$$ I reckon

Gunstar View Drop Down
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gunstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2018 at 8:53pm
I like the design of the machine, it fits in well with the rounded corners of the original NES/SFC. The choice of case colours is pretty cool too. 

Edited by Gunstar - 16 February 2018 at 8:54pm
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neo-geo-mvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2018 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by gojira54 gojira54 wrote:

It's worth the $$$ I reckon

How does it compare with 1 Chip SNES on a CRT?
gojira54 View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gojira54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2018 at 9:28pm
I've listed my sfc Jr on fleabay
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neo-geo-mvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2018 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by gojira54 gojira54 wrote:

I've listed my sfc Jr on fleabay

I guess the Super NT is better in your opinion then
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terminator2k2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2018 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by neo-geo-mvs neo-geo-mvs wrote:

Any pics of it on your TV? Cheers

Any particular games you want to see ?

High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terminator2k2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2018 at 10:50pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic