Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade Technical and Restoration > Reproduction Parts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sega Hinge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyberegg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sega Hinge
    Posted: 17 January 2018 at 7:03am
Hi all, I have given up looking for the Sega Hinge which fits a few Sega cab I believe this is the list below:

City (1986) | Aero City (1988) | Swing (1991) | Astro City (1993) | Astro City 2 (1993) | New Astro City (1994) | Blast City (1996) | NAOMI Universal Cabinet (1999) | Net City (1999) | New Net City (xxxx)

Anyway, I hope someone will either have one kicking around and would sell it to me in any condition or would take there's off a machine and make a template I can use get made. Please PM me any time...

Part No. CQN-1055X

Any help would be very appreciated.

Link to a PDF template of the hinge:-

https://goo.gl/DY3jsv

Thanks again guys :)

Ed.

Edited by cyberegg - 29 January 2018 at 4:11am
Bulla View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2018 at 2:28pm
Did you order the one you linked at buyanypart ?

cyberegg View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyberegg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2018 at 5:03am
Hi, I don't think you can as contacted the seller (and still waiting for a response...lol.) I think it maybe an old post by Mo @ videotronicsuk.com, I know he does not have any :(
itruk View Drop Down
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2018 at 8:25pm
Could you not use a more heavy duty piano hinge and just drill the holes to suit?
cyberegg View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyberegg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2018 at 1:23am
Hi, yes but need template
itruk View Drop Down
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2018 at 7:58am
Just make your own out of thin card. You'll have the general idea of its length and width, just mark where the holes are to be drilled and then copy this to a piano hinge.

cyberegg View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyberegg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2018 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by itruk itruk wrote:

Just make your own out of thin card. You'll have the general idea of its length and width, just mark where the holes are to be drilled and then copy this to a piano hinge.

I have already done that, I just hoping someone may be able to post the template for all to use. I'm just looking for a piano hinge that will suit it.

I'm also working on a quick release system to swap out control panels.

Ed.
Bulla View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2018 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by cyberegg cyberegg wrote:

I have already done that, I just hoping someone may be able to post the template for all to use. I'm just looking for a piano hinge that will suit it.

Ed.

Hi Ed,

Keep me posted on the quick release plans I'm thinking of doing something similar.
cyberegg View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyberegg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2018 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Bulla Bulla wrote:

Originally posted by cyberegg cyberegg wrote:

Ed.

Hi Ed,

Keep me posted on the quick release plans I'm thinking of doing something similar.

Which are you working on or looking for; the control panel or the control panel base?
Bulla View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2018 at 8:42am
I'd like to have one 2L12B and then a 1L6B . I'd thought the easiest way would be to have two control panels each with their own base and just swap out off the hinge but are you thinking of a quick release on the actual steel panel itself ?
cyberegg View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyberegg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2018 at 9:16am
Yes I have a few ideas kicking around in that skull of mine lol.
 I'm working on both, at this point in time I'm building a completely new control panel swap out system.
Bulla View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2018 at 9:18am
Look forward to seeing it.

Have you got NOS panels or are you using repro panels with repro overlays ?
cyberegg View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyberegg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2018 at 9:38am
The same a bit of both.
cyberegg View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyberegg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2018 at 4:13am
PDF of a hinge template has been add to the first post.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic