Forum Home Forum Home > General Arcade Chat > Arcade & Gaming Videos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Last Pinball Doctors

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonnyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Last Pinball Doctors
    Posted: 11 January 2018 at 11:34pm
Nukem View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nukem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2018 at 1:11am
Good video, wasn't sure about the welding rod he called a soldering iron lol
Buy & Sell retro (and modern) games & consoles? Join us --> Click Here
wizbiscuit View Drop Down
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizbiscuit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2018 at 8:29am
That was such a quality watch... I have had a few pins, but the STTNG I had last, stupid thing was always busted, in the end it went and my pin years where over.... really loved watching this though...
Check out my YouTube channel "Back in Time Sime" - https://www.youtube.com/c/BackinTimeSime
kdoe View Drop Down
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kdoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2018 at 3:59pm
Slick looking and professional but, like sooo many youtube videos played like an eight minute advert and all filler and no killer. I think a fair few people can solder a wire back on but using a heated hammer is a little excessive :-)

I also don't recall many of the pintables I worked on blowing fuses all the time without there being a good reason, though sometimes it was virtually impossible to trace. 
69er View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2018 at 12:56pm
I always love to see a row of pinballs all on and ready to play....... its a tribute to the few people who still allow others to play on their pride and joy and MANY of the 'meets' frequently still get blessed with several ........ allowing those who only dream (mainly due to cost and availability) to at least play one or two ..... BIG THANKS   to all those who take the time and effort to exhibit them 

but 'LAST' pinball DOCTORS there are still quite a number of pinball doctors around ... especially here in the UK and the ones I have met .........  like myself DO HAVE a wealth of old bits stored in drawers ....   and regular consumables like bulbs and rubbers and the odd few coils..........tho I have less than I had back in the 70s when I operated about 25-30 tables.  

Sadly as they retire or die off not many young pinball enthusiasts seem to take on the old electro-mechanicals so often ...   YET I BELIEVE that if you can get hold of a decent one and restore it and learn the relay technology then its a great way to begin understanding later developments in electronics  AS PINBALL WAS A STEADY TRANSITION through the late 70's early 80's  and those boards were quite easy to check out and fix..........

you could join a pinball group .......... I was in pinball owners association from about 1980 - 2008 when I got a bit fed up with same old same old etc.... HOWEVER ............  I STILL LOVE PINBALL ....   I STILL HAVE ONE e/m 10pence play OUT ON SITE I HAVE OWNED SINCE IT WAS 7 months old in 1978 .....  OLDER THAN MANY MEMBERS ON HERE as its 41 this year and only had 1100 games on the meter when I got it from a place called BRIGHOUSE GAMES in Yorkshire ( via 'exchange and mart' small ad weekly) its showing some age now but I have a couple of others I alternate with it save it getting too worn out ...........  

its still going really well and I have mentioned it in a couple of pinball topics on here before ..... I played it briefly just last night AND WHEN ITS OPENED IT STILL SMELLS OF TYPICAL PINBALL PINE like it did years ago

the last coil I bought was a bit costly from USA  ,,,,,,, not least the import charge by royal mail.. OUCH 

I always cherish the memory of selling one of my TWILIGHT ZONES to a member on here when I set it up for him he cried with happiness for almost an hour before he could play on it HOPE HE STILL ENJOYS IT ?     ,,   subcon959   I just checked if hes still on here and he was last on on 28th jan 2018 .but not seen him post in a while ...... HE HAD  9 pages of interest in this in MEMBERS PINBALL MACHINES back in 2012   happy days ........... 

Edited by 69er - 10 February 2018 at 12:58pm
all that glitters is not gold but may just be junk
but my junk is like gold to me and there is loads
of good old stuff in among it xx 69er xx
*FACT* IF YOU CHUCK IT AWAY YOU'LL NEED IT THE NEXT DAY!
nazum View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nazum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2018 at 10:34pm
Great vid, thanks for sharing.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic