Forum Home Forum Home > General Arcade Chat > Arcade Videos & Multimedia
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nationaal Video Game Museum in Netherlands

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tedward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nationaal Video Game Museum in Netherlands
    Posted: 04 December 2017 at 12:15am
Idk if any of you know about this already and I've missed out entirely, but while looking for videos of our National Videogame Museum in Nottingham, I found this place in Zoetermeer, Netherlands:

Looks a bit rubbish at first but around halfway through it picks up... Lots of great cabs, especially deluxe Sega games from the Model 1/2/3/ NAOMI era which I do quite like, as well as some fully converted OutRun 2 SP twins AND a Turbo OutRun DLX Shocked Machines look in top notch condition as well, aside from a few with LCD's. Might visit one day.

Edited by Tedward - 04 December 2017 at 8:49pm
REVENGE OF DR ROBOTONIC
Flinnster View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2017 at 3:11am
I think it's great. And cool that actually I've played almost every game they have on display - although I'd still love to go there in person Wink

First time I've seen the Sega SP game Brick People / Block Pipo though (it runs on the same hardware as the Dino Kings).

Very impressed to see this running at 1m43: Shocked - wrong PCB in the cab though...

Edited by Flinnster - 04 December 2017 at 3:12am
Wanted:
- PCBs: Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder
- Parts: Naomi non-swivel castor wheel, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
- House Extension
Tedward View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tedward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2017 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Flinnster Flinnster wrote:

I think it's great. And cool that actually I've played almost every game they have on display - although I'd still love to go there in person Wink

First time I've seen the Sega SP game Brick People / Block Pipo though (it runs on the same hardware as the Dino Kings).

Very impressed to see this running at 1m43: Shocked - wrong PCB in the cab though...

Mmm yes was thinking something wasn't quite right with that one LOL They also have a twin F Zero AX w/ OR 2 style topper in blue... now I knew standard single cabs existed of that but didn't know they came in twin as well, either a custom or a very, very rare variation that.

I'm a little disappointed at the fact that they've put in the effort to refit the deluxe Sega Rally's with new (or at least replacement) rear projector TV's but not done the same for the Scud Racers Cry also spotted a poor Neo Geo cab with a LCD with the picture stretched, at least our National Videogame Museum in notts has the decency to keep their MVS cab at the correct aspect ratio...

I have played most of the games they have there but a good majority I haven't seen in a very long time. Would love to play on a candy cab again haven't played on one for a while. Also I had no idea Super Monkey Ball had a arcade version...

Edited by Tedward - 05 December 2017 at 12:05am
REVENGE OF DR ROBOTONIC
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic