Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade Technical and Restoration > Pandoras Box
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AUS JAPB Retroarch v0.169

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote RedboX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AUS JAPB Retroarch v0.169
    Posted: 22 November 2017 at 1:58pm
AUS JAPB Retroarch
This is an unofficial port of Retroarch to the AUS Just Another Pandora's Box hardware, it comes with no ROMs or other copyright Material.

Introduction
This is a port of RetroArch

The image comes bundled with the following cores:

Arcade
* fbalpha2012_libretro
* fbalpha2012_cps1_libretro
* fbalpha2012_cps2_libretro
* fbalpha2012_cps3_libretro
* fbalpha2012_neogeo_libretro
* fbalpha_libretro
* mame2000_libretro
* mame2003_libretro
* mame2003_midway_libretro
* mame2010_libretro
* mame2014_libretro
* mame_libretro

Atari
* atari800_libretro
* prosystem_libretro
* stella_libretro

Sega
* genesis_plus_gx_libretro

Nintendo
* fceumm_libretro
* nestopia_libretro
* quicknes_libretro
* snes9x2002_libretro
* snes9x2005_libretro
* snes9x2010_libretro
* snes9x_libretro

NEC
* beetle-pce-fast-libretro
* beetle-supergrafx-libretro

## Disclaimer
I am not responsible for any damage to your hardware as a result of using this file, it has been tested as much as possible but your on your own if your house catches fire, your dog dies or your Uncle who works for Nintendo touched you in a bad place.

As this port uses both NEON and Mali cores inside the A13 chip it does get a lot warmer than in 'normal' operation, I strongly recommend you install a passive heat sink if you plan on using it for an extended amount of time.

Download

MEGA: aus_yapb_retroarch_v0.169.img.gz
MD5 : 20f2913cc39fc548411dbd70f3234709

Installation Instructions
You will need an 8Gb SD card, Class 10 is best not not essential. Download/unzip the latest release and burn/write it in the usual way.

You can add games in the /storage folder, place games in the 'roms' directory, for some systems you will to add BIOS files into the 'system'.

Compatible Hardware
The AUS clone of the Pandora's Box is a very popular JAMMA arcade board on sites like AliExpress. There are several different versions of the product re-packaged under different names.

It is often referred to as ‘Just another Pandora’s Box’, and sold under the names Pandora’s Box 3/4/4s/4X, King of Air, Heroes of the Storm 3 & Little Elf 3X. The number of built in Games will vary between 520 and 800, or more. If you are looking to purchase one look for a listing with the picture of the case and ensure it has the AUS logo on it. Check with the seller that is a ‘genuine AUS’ version, to be really sure.

The hardware is all fairly similar, however this version has only been tested as working on the 87 and the 92C version.

GSG.GME.R3.87
GSG.GME.R3.92C

Edited by RedboX - 22 November 2017 at 1:58pm
RedboX View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RedboX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2017 at 2:00pm
Upgrade pack
You will need to untar this package into the root of the second partition overwriting any existing files.

aus_yapb_retroarch_v0.169_update.tar.gz

Addon packs

EmuationStation
This is a port of EmulationStation.

EmulationStation's configuration and themes are in the /.emulationstation folder and I've included the 'simple' and 'carbon' themes to get started.

You will need to edit es_systems.cfg to match your own setup, and you will need to have some ROMS in /storage/roms/ for the menu to be any use.

If you change your mind after installing it, you can always boot back into RetroArch UI by holding down P1 & P2 Start during boot.

aus_yapb_retroarch_v0.169_emulationstation_addon.tar.gz

Recalbox
This is a port of Recalbox's Fork of EmulationStation

EmulationStation's configuration and themes are in the /.emulationstation folder and I've included the full set of standard themes.

You will need to edit es_systems.cfg to match your own setup, and you will need to have some ROMS in /storage/roms/ for the menu to be any use.

If you change your mind after installing it, you can always boot back into RetroArch UI by holding down P1 & P2 Start during boot.

aus_yapb_retroarch_v0.169_recalbox_addon.tar.gz

Christmas Mystery

TBA

Edited by RedboX - 03 December 2017 at 10:11pm
apiso View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apiso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2017 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by RedboX RedboX wrote:

I built this in a hurry while suffering JetLag.

the EmulationStation addon for 0.167 should work, but I've not tested it.

I'll put out an addon with additional cores once I'm more awake.

Great redbox , thank you very much, please release also an update if you can.
MadGear83 View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadGear83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2017 at 9:25pm
Thank you RedBoX!
RedboX View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedboX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2017 at 12:48am
Good point, I'll do an upgrade zip to.

I've just built a C64 and N64 core, C64 core works fine and the N64 core plays Mario64 ok-ish..

Personally I'd not be happy with it, I'll have to find a 16Gb SD card and try Zanac's image and check his version :)

Of course I might of missed something in the build, I'm still a bit out of it.
Hernia View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hernia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2017 at 12:06pm
Daphne is it possible? The card could do it?
RedboX View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedboX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2017 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by Hernia Hernia wrote:

Daphne is it possible? The card could do it?

Yes. But....

The standard/original version of Daphne is not simple to build on Arm, the Developer has not worked on it for sometime as he is now focused on Dexter. There was a build running on a RPi with GPU-accelerated but that never got an official release.

I built a version but I as not happy with it's performance.

There is a SDL2 fork (Hypseus) that is easy to build/run but it's a bit basic functionality wise.

Zanac seems to of had success with the RetroPie build. Tho I have not tried it so I don't know what it's performance is like.

Edited by RedboX - 24 November 2017 at 10:08pm
zanac View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zanac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2017 at 10:03pm
My version, that is the retropie as you Said, is very high performance. For who want to use it inside your sd, just copy /opt and /libLL

After that use

<system>
    <name>spaceace</name>
    <fullname>Space Ace</fullname>
    <path>/opt/retropie/emulators/daphne/games/ace/dummy/</path>
    <extension>.bin .zip .ZIP</extension>
    <command>/opt/retropie/emulators/daphne/daphne_launch.sh ace</command>
    <platform>spaceace</platform>
    <theme>retropie</theme>
</system>

Inside es config. Ora course this is sample of space ace, do the same for other games
OpenPB4:for developers!
https://github.com/zanac/OpenPB4

Want to contribute to OpenPB4 project, even with gift-donation? Contact me!
Hernia View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hernia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2017 at 9:18am
thank you
Akira84 View Drop Down
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akira84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2017 at 8:31am
Added a core prbroom, so now I can play doom .
apiso View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apiso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2017 at 5:48am
Redbox if i wnt update 167 version wich file i must overwrite? The same of your 167 update?
RedboX View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedboX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2017 at 8:09am
Originally posted by apiso apiso wrote:

Redbox if i wnt update 167 version wich file i must overwrite? The same of your 167 update?

yes, but if you want to use SWAP you'll need to copy the kernel also.

It might be better to take your customization and apply them the new 169 image.

I started working on an update addon, but Thanksgiving ruined a lot of plans.
apiso View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apiso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2017 at 8:55am

Ok i thought it was a simple copy and paste i'll wait for your update.
apiso View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apiso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2017 at 8:57am

Ok i thought that was a simple copy and paste i ll wait for your update, thank you redbox
Akira84 View Drop Down
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akira84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2017 at 7:10am
Added a game boy advance core. I have been playing Pokémon for the last hour. It works well.
apiso View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote apiso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2017 at 7:33am

Ok i thought that was a simple copy and paste i ll wait for your update, thank you redbox

Bye Redbox, do you plan to release the Retroarch 0.169 update? Why have you enabled the swap file? is only for N64 emulator?
RedboX View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedboX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2017 at 8:42pm

Bye Redbox, do you plan to release the Retroarch 0.169 update? Why have you enabled the swap file? is only for N64 emulator?

You do not *NEED* swap to run Retroarch 0.169, it's more there as a coincidence, if you use the base image, its enabled in the kernel, the image has a swap partition but it's not enabled without a change to the config file.

When I built EmulationStation back in the summer I had issues with memory use. With a large collection it runs out of memory and even with a small collection it means you are unable to launch some larger games that will run from RetroArch's GUI. Later NeoGeo games are a good example of that.

I experimented with swap to try and improve things but I was not happy with performance or the use of swap as an answer, which is why I mostly did not publish EmulationStation addon back then.

I had not even considered the N64 core until Zanac brought it up, however I don't think I would of included it as the performance is ... not the best.

My aim with Retroarch was to only include cores that (mostly) had decent performance and did not have tricky input configuration as I did not want to have to spend my time doing Tech support for Retroarch or explaining to people why they cant play PSX4 games at 60FPS.

I have a few other things that I have already built that I'll still release, Thanksgiving has thrown my schedule out so that could take a while.
MadGear83 View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadGear83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2017 at 11:12pm
We are still waiting these few things btw

Now i’m working on themes and game lists..

I love ES!

Edited by MadGear83 - 02 December 2017 at 11:12pm
RedboX View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedboX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2017 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by MadGear83 MadGear83 wrote:

We are still waiting these few things btw

I know I know.. I hate me too!

Need to test them, and then I'll uploaded them.
MadGear83 View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadGear83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2017 at 1:20pm
I’m looking forward.. maybe some extra cores for your image?
Thank you for sharing your work. You do great job every time you release something
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic