Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade Technical and Restoration > Pandoras Box
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pandora 5S - 999 games

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Patreon
Patreon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedboX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2017 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by Newie Newie wrote:

I have purchase the Pandora Box 5S with Moonlight Key 5S motherboard REV:2016.11.28. Same sad scenario here, play for 1st hour and the game box is hang at green screen after edit the favorite game list. I am seeking help here is that somebody could provide a solution with step by step instruction as I am noob in computer thing. By the way, is that I need a new 16GB SD card for it?  

Contact your seller and tell him its stopped working, he might send you an new SD card.. worth a try.

Currently we don't have a 999-in-1 image to share

If you do manage to get a replacement SDcard, make a backup BEFORE you use it.

I hear etcher is popular in the SOC communities, it looks quite simple to use.

https://etcher.io/

Edited by RedboX - 25 November 2017 at 12:09pm
Newie View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2017 at 1:09am
Thanks for your advise, RedboX. Smile
I have feedback to the seller but no positive move or solution.Cry
I am not good in the embedded solution. Just clarify my doubt as I am confuse:
1) From my understanding, is that we will use software like "Etcher" to write the IMG file to the SD card to ensure it running? 
2) Could we just use Pandora 5S 960-in-1 IMG to write in the new SD card and try on Pandora 5S 999-in-1 hardware? Every IMG file need to have a compatible hardware?
3) After the SD card been burned to a IMG, is that it can be format and reused next time?

RedboX View Drop Down
Patreon
Patreon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedboX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2017 at 8:11am
Originally posted by Newie Newie wrote:

1) From my understanding, is that we will use software like "Etcher" to write the IMG file to the SD card to ensure it running? 

2) Could we just use Pandora 5S 960-in-1 IMG to write in the new SD card and try on Pandora 5S 999-in-1 hardware? Every IMG file need to have a compatible hardware?

3) After the SD card been burned to a IMG, is that it can be format and reused next time?

I was more meaning you should use Etcher to backup your new card.

Buy a new Card the same size (get a Class10 card) and use that in your board.

The images will all work on all AUS brand boards, it's just the video rescalling that could be affected, you cant do any damage to your board.

Just burn the image and put it into your board, if it does not work, try burning a new image.

Someone will eventualy share the 999in1 image, its still a bit on the new side.
Hernia View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hernia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2017 at 8:32am
Hi
I have download the 999 in 1 image, but i see only 986 games in the list, the image name is aus_pb5s.img.gz, why?
Newie View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2017 at 2:36pm
I have try to download the Pandora 5S image and it couldn't work with my hardware. I saw somebody have mention need to copy the existing 3A file to replace in the new SD card, why? I have try this option as well but nothing happen.
Is that somebody could point out which image consists of 846 in 1 or 875 in 1 option? I am googling and found that this 846 in 1 & 875 in 1 use the same board with mine; Moonlight Key 5S. Just wish to save some times on try & error and give a shot on it. Thanks.
RedboX View Drop Down
Patreon
Patreon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedboX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2017 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by Hernia Hernia wrote:

Hi
I have download the 999 in 1 image, but i see only 986 games in the list, the image name is aus_pb5s.img.gz, why?

Welcome to the confusion!

There are two different version of the Pandora's Box 5S, one with 999 games, one with 986 games.

And then there is the Pandora's Key 5S, Moonlight Key 5S, Heroes of the Storm 5S and now Rocky are making their own Pandora's Box 5S (on different Hardware) with 1000 games!

Not to mention 3A have the 'official' Pandora's Box 5.

Edited by RedboX - 27 November 2017 at 8:27pm
RedboX View Drop Down
Patreon
Patreon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RedboX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2017 at 12:22am
I have uploaded both versions of the Pandora's Box 5S here:

https://mega.nz/#F!h6QxSL7I!df6Q94PTxYxDC8Ct9UUZaQ

these came from a AUS branded board with the model number:

SG.SME.R3.87L-17/TW

The image should work with all versions of the AUS Clone boards but as usual screen re-scaling will only work if you have a matching FPGA.   There is currently no fix for this issue.
iinstantadd View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iinstantadd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2017 at 10:50am
>The image should work with all versions of the AUS Clone boards but as usual screen re-scaling will only work if you have a matching FPGA.   There is currently no fix for this issue.

I heard that it can fix to make multi kernel booting.
He made custom rom img that all AUS boards can use right screen.

Edited by iinstantadd - 10 December 2017 at 11:03am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic