Forum Home Forum Home > Welcome To Jamma+ > New Members Start Here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hi, I’m new here?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitzy7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi, I’m new here?
    Posted: 12 November 2017 at 8:54pm
Hi, glad to be here, pretty pleased that I’ve found this place actually.
I arrived here via gaming for almost 30 years, taking a short unsuccessful detour round by Fruit Machine Way, but got back on track when I offloaded my last fruity to a guy who happened to have a Leisure 2000 cabinet for sale.
That’s where I’m at right now, always loved the nostalgia aspect of gaming, still have my Atari 2600, but now I want back that feeling of playin Metal Slug like I used to in the arcade, so very tempted to go for this cabinet, whether I end up trying to restore it or gutting it an going the emulation route, I dunno yet, but I would appreciate any advice given.
Thanks
SF7
penrhos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote penrhos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2017 at 9:34pm
If the arcade monitor works then get a pandora's box and an adapter so it'll work properly in a normal cab and that should satisfy your arcade craving without costing a fortune..
Cabs : 2 * Leisure 2000, 2 * Euro 25, 1 * Velwix, 1 * Super Megalo.
Fitzy7 View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitzy7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2017 at 9:38pm
Hi Penrhos, the guy offered it to me a bit cheaper with the inside removed, told him I’d need to monitor just. With that in mind an I have this will a pandora an adapter be all I need?
Thanks
SF7
damagestar View Drop Down
Patreon
Patreon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote damagestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2017 at 10:06pm
How much cheaper? You really need to buy it as is if you can afford to.
Fitzy7 View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitzy7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2017 at 10:17pm
He said £120 with monitor £100 with out. I am goin in totally blind here, have no idea what to be looking for. The guy jus phoned an said he has this cabinet if I’m interested, said it was decent condition with 6 buttons the model was Leisure 2000
Thanks
SF7
penrhos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote penrhos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2017 at 10:36pm
He's only knocking £20 off for a monitor that'll cost you £80-120 to replace.

If the cabs half decent and works it's worth £200 all day long.

If the cab is Jamma wired and you want to use a Pandora inside you have two choices.

1) get a jnx atlas or equivalent.

2) disconnect the earth wires from the last but one connector on the top/bottom of the jamma connector. Then connect a wire from buttons 4-6 to pins 25-27 on the Jamma connector to get the kick buttons working.

Edited by penrhos - 12 November 2017 at 10:43pm
Fitzy7 View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitzy7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2017 at 10:42pm
Cheers penrhos, I’ve more or less said I’ll take it, sound advice regarding the monitor, thank you. Anything I should keep an eye out for I particular regarding the cabinet I general? Would I be right in saying that lookin at the money he’s lookin I couldn’t go far wrong? It’s delivered too!
Thanks
SF7
penrhos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote penrhos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2017 at 10:49pm
The big cab killer I'd damp...

Look for swollen panels & general wobblyness.

If it's £120 delivered you can't loose - delivery normally costs £50-90 If using a courier.
damagestar View Drop Down
Patreon
Patreon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote damagestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2017 at 11:43pm
£120 delivered is dirt cheap. Snap his hand off! Any problems that may arise can be sorted and you'll get loads of advice on here if needed. Ask if he has any pcbs to sell, they may be cheap too.
Fitzy7 View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitzy7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2017 at 9:09am
Happy days, thanks for all the advise, an that which is still yet to come. Could anyone direct me to a first timer/newbie thread/s that i could read up on instead of filling this thread up with a multitude of question?
Thanks
Thanks
SF7
Fitzy7 View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitzy7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2017 at 9:10am
Happy days, thanks for all the advise, an that which is still yet to come. Could anyone direct me to a first timer/newbie thread/s that i could read up on instead of filling this thread up with a multitude of question?
Thanks
Thanks
SF7
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic