Forum Home Forum Home > General Arcade Chat > Arcade - General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Convert Naomi CF setup to Raspberry Pi Netboot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris2922 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Convert Naomi CF setup to Raspberry Pi Netboot
    Posted: 12 November 2017 at 3:01pm
I have a Naomi with a CF reader and want to change this to a Netboot setup with a Raspberry Pi.

I already have a Pi that I can use, and although the LCD screen looks nice i'm happy to begin with a laptop connected via WiFi to confirm its all working as it should.

I'm not sure whether the Zero Key / Null Pic in my Netdimm will work for Netbooting.  I've read that a CF setup uses a different pic and that to Netboot I will need another one.  Can anyone confirm please?

Edited by chris2922 - 12 November 2017 at 3:02pm
penrhos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penrhos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2017 at 5:08pm
Some will - the only way to find out is to netboot a game, if it crashes after a few minutes then the pic is incorrect.

You'll need to change the jumpers in the dimm to netboot instead of booting from cd/cf and then set the network settings in the bios menu.

If you need a netboot pic I can program one for you

Edited by penrhos - 12 November 2017 at 5:10pm
Cabs : 2 * Leisure 2000, 2 * Euro 25, 1 * Vewlix, 1 * Sega Rally 3.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic