Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade Technical and Restoration > Restorations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

goliath raffle cab

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retroman839 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: goliath raffle cab
    Posted: 30 October 2017 at 10:23pm
fiished light box
got piano hinge on
got psu in there
, will go for  controll pannel graphic and controlls next i think ?
Retroman839 View Drop Down
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retroman839 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2017 at 10:27pm
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retroman839 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2017 at 10:39pm
thanks to robin_1 for raffling the cab -
thought i would put pics up as i go through the project
fished light box tonight ,
lettering was a bit low but i wanted to keep all the konami adress in top right corner in the frame
just because ,this adress is  near were i live and we actually used to go there
and  look at cabs through the fence round the back and say" wouldnt it be cool to have one of those one day"
so brings back  those kinda memeoires so i thought i gotta keep that adress in there!

Flinnster View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2017 at 10:54pm
Looking good :)
Wanted:
- PCBs: Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder
- Parts: Naomi non-swivel castor wheel, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
- House Extension
BigBadWolf View Drop Down
Forum Patrol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BigBadWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2017 at 11:44pm
That's a cool cab! A nice matching Konami cpo (that's a graphic overlay for the control panel) and bezel (that's on the glass around the monitor edges), would finish that off nicely..

Are you looking at joysticks yet? Personally, I would use Sanwa JLW-TM-8 joysticks and standard Happ concave buttons with cherry switches..
JAMMA+
***Sorry.. I have no fcuks left to give!
damagestar View Drop Down
Patreon
Patreon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote damagestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2017 at 11:52pm
Good stuff. Don't worry you've cropped it correctly. The Salamander text on the marquee is designed to be below centre with the address still visible at the top. Remember to let me know if you need any help applying the cpo.
robin_l View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote robin_l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2017 at 8:47am
Originally posted by BigBadWolf BigBadWolf wrote:

That's a cool cab! A nice matching Konami cpo (that's a graphic overlay for the control panel) and bezel (that's on the glass around the monitor edges), would finish that off nicely..

Are you looking at joysticks yet? Personally, I would use Sanwa JLW-TM-8 joysticks and standard Happ concave buttons with cherry switches..

He's got a NOS CPO and the correct joysticks.  
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retroman839 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2017 at 2:16pm
Doing cpo now was a bit of a challenge
I didn't soak it in the bath
And it had some harsh creases
So will prob re do it at a later stage
Will I please pics tonight
Putting sticks in now
Might have time for new 25"tube mount/ internal
Wooden frame tody
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retroman839 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2017 at 9:47pm
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retroman839 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2017 at 9:48pm
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retroman839 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2017 at 9:49pm
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retroman839 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2017 at 10:08pm
got cpo on , made a hash of it really ,
sticky had lost its tak -  and had a hard crease in it
so will prob by new and redo it
itsnot so easy , i thik i should have put it in the bath with warm water for a while ?
then appied it ?
so sticks are in
got m2 10mm bolts for bottom door so its attached now
have connected up  psu to jamma  all wired in
i want to add an inline  fuse like bob roberts arcade wiring diagram , any help there would be usefull ?
size fuse to use ?

coin mechs both lights working stoked when they both fired on !
only one speaker at mo so will add another for stereo  sound

damagestar View Drop Down
Patreon
Patreon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damagestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2017 at 12:10am
That's a real shame about the cpo I knew it would be tricky. I can't see where all the problem areas are from that pic but it may be fixable. That material is pretty thick so it you're very careful you may be able to peel it back up from the bottom to just under the joystick holes. If you then hold the cpo away from the panel and gently apply some heat with a hair dryer to the creases you may be able to get them out (don't pull the cpo while you are heating. If you can get the crease out then even if it is pretty low tack now it should still go down ok just make sure you wrap it around the bottom edge to keep it in place. If that works then do the same from the top. But you'll have to be careful it doesn't stretch and distort when taking it off around the buttons. If it does get stretched just apply a bit of heat to the area and it should refind it's shape. Then go over it all with the hairdryer or carefully with a heatgun.

Alternatively if it has completely lost its tack I would carefully take the whole thing off, get the creases out and then get a suitable spray adhesive and try again. If you want to put up some close up pics I can advise better.

I know it may already be a lost cause but it's worth a shot as you won't find another original cpo and it's such a shame to get a repro when you have a nos original.

robin_l View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin_l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2017 at 7:05am
I think you need to use G-clamps and plenty of bits of wood and cardboard to hold the CPO on until the glue sets, otherwise it will just flop off in places.
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retroman839 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2017 at 7:59am
I think I can improve it
But the it had been folded like a cross
Had horizontal and vertical creases
I used heat gun
And spray adhesive
I think I should have just put it in bath tub with warm water for a couple of hours
I can take it off again
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retroman839 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2017 at 8:25pm

Fired up !
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retroman839 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2017 at 8:30pm

Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retroman839 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2017 at 8:33pm
90% there
25" tube in
Made new frame so 25" fits in
Sticks buttons wired
Not concave yet but will be!
Bronzed glass in
😊
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retroman839 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2017 at 6:56pm
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Retroman839 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2017 at 6:57pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic