Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Valuations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Midway Space Invaders

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoGeoJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Midway Space Invaders
    Posted: 29 October 2017 at 9:42am
Possibly parting with my space invaders to fund new projects. Had it about 8 years now and after downsizing the arcade this was the last machine I dare part with. It has a monitor fault (read below) which kicks in when it gets warm, apart from that perfectly playable. Has L shape motherboard, been upgraded to a jamma psu at some point in it's life and i treated it to a new cp (old one included) the back doors aren't painted and there are a few chips to the paintwork, overall nice tidy cab though. Original b+w monitor with colour strips applied (believe there are spares in the bottom of the cab)

basically when you switch it on you get about 10 minutes out of it then the brigntness turns up all by itself and turns the screen to white. if you fiddle with the pots on the chassis you can kinda bring it back. Im taking the chassis out today to check for cold solder joints. I had it repaired when I first got it and something had to be bridged. Pictures to follow.

Located in coventry

netdent View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
2014 Site Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netdent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2017 at 10:00am
Big problem with mine was the pots were bad causing a fault like yours, think I replaced about 3 of them
NeoGeoJames View Drop Down
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoGeoJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2017 at 11:20am
That's exactly what I'm hoping for, Cheers, ill find out in a moment, just need to pull me away from gta online

Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoGeoJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2017 at 2:31pm
Chassis is out. Everything looks ok so going to desolder the contrast pot and see if i csn find the value and replace it
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoGeoJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2017 at 4:16pm
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByPw11mbZi8zak94azVWNTJWZlU
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoGeoJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2017 at 10:05am
Netdent, the brigntness pot appears to be 200k is that correct and any idea if linear or logarithmic please?
netdent View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
2014 Site Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netdent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2017 at 10:21am
Originally posted by NeoGeoJames NeoGeoJames wrote:

Netdent, the brigntness pot appears to be 200k is that correct and any idea if linear or logarithmic please?

No Idea sorry, I just robbed pots from scrap chassis and remote boards from likes of Hantarex, I'm sure the schematic is available
netdent View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
2014 Site Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netdent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2017 at 10:30am
Here

http://www.arcade-museum.com/manuals-monitors/Wells%20Gardner%2019V1001%2019V1003%2019in%20and%2023in%20B&W.pdf

For me it was the pots on the pcb not the one's mounted on the chassis!

Edited by netdent - 31 October 2017 at 11:22am
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoGeoJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2017 at 1:39pm
Many many thanks netdent.. Results are here...

https://youtu.be/VYp70VdLMPc
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoGeoJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2017 at 1:52pm
https://youtu.be/LlLqb32qKso
netdent View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
2014 Site Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netdent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2017 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by NeoGeoJames NeoGeoJames wrote:

Many many thanks netdent.. Results are here...

https://youtu.be/VYp70VdLMPc

Nice one! glad you got it sorted

Cheers Ronnie
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoGeoJames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2017 at 12:51pm
I would still like a price on this, I think it's fairer saying the monitor needs work so price accordingly
netdent View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
2014 Site Supporter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote netdent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2017 at 1:52pm
If it's still only playable for 10 mins and cab is good I would say £600, if screen is now stable but needs maybe a re cap etc and cab is good £800
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic