Forum Home Forum Home > General Arcade Chat > Arcade - General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any Seasides in UK with KI 1-2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any Seasides in UK with KI 1-2
    Posted: 24 October 2017 at 9:17pm
Anybody know if there is still a killer instinct 1 or 2 arcade cabinet at all left in any of the seasides around uk .  Used to go to southend on sea , blackpool , portsmouth back in the 90's during school holidays as a kid and would spend most of the day playing KI 1- 2  . Got some spare time in the next month and wouldnt mind going again  
Powman View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Powman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2017 at 8:49pm
Them were the days arcades dont have it now, mostly grabbing machines and slot machines, we had it good back in the 80s and 90s.
Davey D View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davey D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2017 at 9:23pm
The arcades in Cleethorpes are around 90% coin pushers and grabber machines. There are some driving games, and one arcade has the starwars battle pod which the novelty wears off after the first go :-/
jase38 View Drop Down
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jase38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2017 at 11:20pm
There are no KI cabs in seaside towns that I know of, but Arcade Club has a nice original KI machine. :)
Missile5 View Drop Down
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Missile5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2017 at 12:09am
I played KI in Blackpool arcades 10 years or so ago. It's bound to be gone by now. I remember marvelling even then how games had surpassed that pre-rendered look in realtime.

Originally posted by Davey D Davey D wrote:

The arcades in Cleethorpes are around 90% coin pushers and grabber machines. There are some driving games, and one arcade has the starwars battle pod which the novelty wears off after the first go :-/

100% agree about battle pod. Looks like great fun but you don't really have that much control over your ship. I played it in Bournemouth along with Mario Kart GP Delux
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic