Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Arcade Machines Sales
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - House of the Dead upright cab (graphics issues)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

House of the Dead upright cab (graphics issues)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote witchfinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: House of the Dead upright cab (graphics issues)
    Posted: 09 October 2017 at 7:20pm
Now on hold

I'm selling my HOTD cab. Looking for £180 o.n.o. which takes into account the need for a PCB repair (which will probably cost you £100)

Everything is working OK apart from the PCB issues - the game plays, all sounds are working, both guns work (one has a missing trigger guard), the cab itself is in fair condition, with some general wear and tear from 20+ years of use. The sideart is damaged in places and there are some cracks in the front as you'll see from the pics. The monitor is fine but has the usual 'INSERT COIN' screen burn that affects most of these cabs.

The graphics faults are as follows:

- Polygon rendering has gone, so none of the core graphics show correctly and it just throws random shapes all over the screen.
- The 2D sprites (text etc) have lines going through them.

I've tried to show the issues in the photos. I've also shown the ROM test screen which shows that one of them is bad.

Keys and an original Sega operator's manual are included in the sale. The cab is on wheels so is easy enough to move.

I would recommend a van with a tail-lift for this but I have managed to load it into a normal transit by tipping it in on its back. If you're doing the latter you will need somebody to help you out at your destination. I can assist with loading at my end. I'm based in Stoke-on-Trent, ST3 postcode area, around 20 mins from the M6.

Edited by witchfinder - 11 October 2017 at 10:45pm
The 100k Challenge - 40 Arcade Classics. 2 MAME Cabs. 1 Average Gamer.

stegrey View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stegrey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2017 at 7:31pm
good price
*SMG*
wanted: Paperboy cab and full size Outrun upright.
Pcbs: Splatterhouse, WWf the arcade game, Moonwalker
Toonz View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2017 at 12:26pm
Good price yeah. And an awesome game. Just make sure you are 2 or more people moving it. It weighs the better of 200kg. I had to take out a window to get mine inside ^^. Best of luck with the sale sir. 
witchfinder View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote witchfinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2017 at 10:44pm
Thanks, this is now on hold, pending payment/collection.

Easy enough to move alone if the wheels are working OK :)
The 100k Challenge - 40 Arcade Classics. 2 MAME Cabs. 1 Average Gamer.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic