Forum Home Forum Home > General Arcade Chat > M.A.M.E
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hyperspin videos not displaying, green screen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Tha Xbox Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beaps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hyperspin videos not displaying, green screen
    Posted: 02 October 2017 at 4:12pm
Hi all

Anyone know why HS don't play .mp4 videos on 15hz Windows 7 setup?

I installed VLC player and tried them outside HS and they play fine, but when I start HS I think it's uses Media Player 9 and .mp4 is not supported as far as I am aware.

Edited by Beaps - 02 October 2017 at 4:14pm
You need a CoinOps 8 Xbox Console or Uber Wii Console , ready to go, drop me a PM.
(.Y.)
BigBadWolf View Drop Down
Forum Patrol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBadWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2017 at 4:44pm
hyperspin uses .flv files for videos (or it did when i set it up about 8 yrs ago..)
JAMMA+
***Sorry.. I have no fcuks left to give!
Beaps View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Tha Xbox Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beaps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2017 at 4:50pm
I thought it was the other way around??

It's started with .flv and then moved to .mp4
You need a CoinOps 8 Xbox Console or Uber Wii Console , ready to go, drop me a PM.
(.Y.)
BigBadWolf View Drop Down
Forum Patrol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBadWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2017 at 5:49pm
no idea.. was .flv when i did it, was a headfuck setting it all up, I remember that.
JAMMA+
***Sorry.. I have no fcuks left to give!
TechnoFreek View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TechnoFreek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2017 at 7:09pm
I google this issue and got the below returned. Pretty sure I had to do this back in the day myself.

You need to disable hardware acceleration for MP4s by watching any video at Youtube.com (it affects the MP4 settings globally). Since the option to disable hardware acceleration is only available on Firefox when you right click the video, you'll need Firefox installed. (It does not show this option for Internet Explorer or Chrome.)

No more green screen! Since it's an Mp4 codec issue, it doesn't affect the hardware acceleration for the games (that I know of)
Wanted: Nothing Really!
Beaps View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Tha Xbox Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beaps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2017 at 7:45pm
Ahhh that's the ticket. I totally forgot how that works. Sorted now thanks mate
(.Y.)
BBZ149 View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBZ149 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2017 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by Beaps Beaps wrote:

And there's me thinking you was the Hyperspin Guru! after I gave up trying to set the forker up and you coming to the Rescue Big smile

TechnoFreek View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TechnoFreek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2017 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by Beaps Beaps wrote:

It worked? Great result!
Wanted: Nothing Really!
Beaps View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Tha Xbox Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beaps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2017 at 9:05pm
It's been a while mate, bit rusty hahah
(.Y.)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic