Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > Computing & Online Gaming
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Building gaming pc help needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
16 stone love machine

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoKidGeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Building gaming pc help needed
    Posted: 24 September 2017 at 9:24pm
So thought my old PC could handle tower unite and was I wrong :( so I am looking to build a new gaming PC and could do with more then a little help, games wise I'd like it to play tower unite and gta v if possible, was looking at VR but think my budget won't push to what's needed. So looking at building from ground up.
Is £500 laughable as a budget?

Cheers guys

Nick
Wtb Radar scope bezel, marquee, CPO.
BigBadWolf View Drop Down
Forum Patrol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBadWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2017 at 9:55pm
Pretty much, yeah. By the time you buy the bare bones, there will be too little left for a gfx card capable of playing those. 

Edited by BigBadWolf - 24 September 2017 at 9:55pm
JAMMA+
***Sorry.. I have no fcuks left to give!
big10p View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2017 at 10:27pm
I guess it depends on how much of your old PC you can use. If it just comes down to getting a new mobo, CPU and GFX card, I would *guess* that would be doable. I say *guess* because I've been out of PC gaming for a long time now, and don't really know what the latest games require.
BigBadWolf View Drop Down
Forum Patrol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBadWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2017 at 10:49pm
erm.. that too. You cold just add some more ram and a spend the budget on a gfx card, that'd probably do (assuming your current pc is not prehistoric).. what the current specs?
JAMMA+
***Sorry.. I have no fcuks left to give!
Brettster View Drop Down
Patreon
Patreon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brettster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2017 at 11:14pm
For VR you are looking at a GTX 970 as a minimum, they are are £200 at the moment
you could just about get the rest if you can use some of your old pc parts?
Looking for a Daytona, Sega Rally cab
NeoKidGeo View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
16 stone love machine

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoKidGeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2017 at 3:36pm
Looking at the spec of my old one it's a bit to out of date. I have the 500 set aside so could try and add another 200 possibly. Would I be limited with a micro atx setup other then number of slots?
Brettster View Drop Down
Patreon
Patreon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brettster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2017 at 7:08pm
You only really need one slot for the graphics card
My gaming pcs are single slots and no problem
Just make sure you have a decent power supply
Looking for a Daytona, Sega Rally cab
RobinCal View Drop Down
Insert Coin
Insert Coin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobinCal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2017 at 1:37pm
Did you buy your PC? The new i5 8400 coffee lake processors are supposed to be amazing for budget builds if you didn't spend the money already.
NeoKidGeo View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
16 stone love machine

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeoKidGeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2017 at 3:34pm
Not yet had to divert a bit of money elsewhere :(
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic