Forum Home Forum Home > General Arcade Chat > M.A.M.E
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Joystick directions playing up

Post Reply Post Reply
itruk View Drop Down
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itruk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Joystick directions playing up
    Posted: 19 September 2017 at 9:04pm
I'm running Attract-mode for my front end and so been into the mame program to map my buttons as you're supposed to.

They all behave themselves apart from a couple on the joystick.. Right doesn't map right, instead it's up and right.
Also the same for down, I have to press down and right on my joystick.

For example, playing Mario.. to go forwards - I have to put my joystick at the diagonal top right..

It's a run of the mill Sanwa stick that I'm using.. Wondering if the 8-way/4-way plate isn't correct?

I've thought about finding a .ini file to manually edit the controls but I can't find which one that'll be.
JonnyG View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonnyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2017 at 7:31am
Sounds like it could be the plate or if you have recently fitted the joystick, perhaps it's not orientated correctly. I would try mapping the buttons via the actual dipswitches from underneath, not by moving the shaft. Then you'll be able to see exactly what is being pressed.

Edited by JonnyG - 20 September 2017 at 7:31am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic