Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > Console And Retro Gaming
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NES Mini is returning!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nukem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NES Mini is returning!
    Posted: 12 September 2017 at 11:23am
Nintendo have announced that the NES mini will be back in production next summer...

They also told people not to pay scalper prices for the SNES mini as they have made more than 10 lol

The reason they didn't make many NES mini's is because the data they had said retro games were not popular...

Edit: re-reading the article, it says they are re-releasing the Famicom mini and the north American NES, nothing about Europe yet..

Edited by Nukem - 12 September 2017 at 11:27am
Buy & Sell retro (and modern) games & consoles? Join us --> Click Here
Brettster View Drop Down
Patreon
Patreon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brettster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 12:34pm
wonder where they get their data from? they need a new source
Looking for a Daytona, Sega Rally cab
Nukem View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nukem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 12:52pm
Nintendo now said they are being re-released in Europe as well now:)

But not until the summer of 2018, they could not get them out any earlier as they didn't want to upset the scalpers...LOL

Edited by Nukem - 12 September 2017 at 12:53pm
zipper View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 1:11pm
That's good news. I wonder if they will have taken the opportunity to change / increase the security on the firmware. I have to say, the best thing about the NES mini is that it I can add the games they missed, like Castlevania 3, to it.
skykappah View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skykappah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by zipper zipper wrote:

That's good news. I wonder if they will have taken the opportunity to change / increase the security on the firmware. I have to say, the best thing about the NES mini is that it I can add the games they missed, like Castlevania 3, to it.

There's no point in making it more secure. These like the original will be limited run. If it were like day an iphone, droid or the Switch etc.. then it would make sense. But as it stands its a waste of money to make it more secure and seems spiteful.
All YOUR CANDIES ARE BELONG TO ME'S.
jib View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 1:44pm
I wonder if they will be re-released with the different games, id have thought it would make business sense to change the game list abit to pull in repeat customers.

interested to see if the NES mini's on ebay plummet in price now its only a matter of time before new ones hit the stores for around the 60-70 pound mark.
skykappah View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skykappah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 3:00pm
They won't go down too much for a while yet. These vaporware units won't exist until summer next year. If they don't make enough the next time round then they will be scalped again.
Nukem View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nukem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 3:18pm
Will they increase the price... the NES was retailing at £49.99, Nintendo have seen that some people will pay way over £100 for them, bet they sneak them up £10 :)

damagestar View Drop Down
Patreon
Patreon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damagestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 4:19pm
Interesting. They're sure to do something to it so they can add an extra £20.
skykappah View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skykappah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 5:06pm
What you guys are talking about will cause another sell out... Adding other games and doing something new to next year's edition will make it a new product. It's going to be a nightmare for the consumer again. So I hope it's the same as the last one, so that the people that missed out have the chance to buy one.
DaytimeDreamer View Drop Down
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaytimeDreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 5:27pm
Pretty sure this will be "patched" so you won't be able to hack it and add more roms. At least this will be the case in the beginning when it launches.

Edited by DaytimeDreamer - 12 September 2017 at 5:28pm
big10p View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 6:08pm
I'm starting wonder if anyone is actually buying these things (and other similar 'retro' items) to actually play them? Or is it really only scalpers to make a buck, collectors thinking they 'need' it for their collection, or to put in a display cabinet, never to be opened.

If I got one, it'd be to play it, but since I never had a NES, I don't want one.
zipper View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by skykappah skykappah wrote:

Originally posted by zipper zipper wrote:

There's no point in making it more secure. These like the original will be limited run. If it were like day an iphone, droid or the Switch etc.. then it would make sense. But as it stands its a waste of money to make it more secure and seems spiteful.

I honestly can't see Nintendo willingly putting this back into production with a well known bit of software out there tthat allows you to add anything from the NES library in seconds. I don't think it would be seen as a spiteful move to block it. They want to sell their library on Switch etc, not give it away.
They'll also want to prevent that small %age bricking their units I imagine.

Any new firmware will be hacked a few weeks after release anyway LOL.
ben76 View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Official Porchy fan club member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ben76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2017 at 1:26am
Originally posted by big10p big10p wrote:

I'm starting wonder if anyone is actually buying these things (and other similar 'retro' items) to actually play them? Or is it really only scalpers to make a buck, collectors thinking they 'need' it for their collection, or to put in a display cabinet, never to be opened.

If I got one, it'd be to play it, but since I never had a NES, I don't want one.
got a nes mini day one and it's still connected to the gaming TV... I'll admit I don't play it everyday and neither does Riley but it does get played quite a bit.

- Ben
I Porchy
big10p View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2017 at 11:58am
Originally posted by ben76 ben76 wrote:

Originally posted by big10p big10p wrote:

got a nes mini day one and it's still connected to the gaming TV... I'll admit I don't play it everyday and neither does Riley but it does get played quite a bit.

- Ben
Good to hear. Smile
kevkev View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevkev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2017 at 1:06pm
dont believe it until i see it.
Nukem View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nukem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2017 at 1:19pm
They will be scalped, because no one ever believes what Nintendo says, they will say "there are loads" and make 10,000 that will sell out in 30 secs... they will never learn...

They will then announce that they aint making anymore and the price will be back at £150 lol

If silly people stopped paying the scalpers for them, they would have no market and the price would drop, but that wont happen either :)

I don't think they will change the line up, I expect they will mod the firmware slightly to stop existing hacks from working, but as has already been said, it will be re-hacked in weeks...

Looking forward to the N64 Mini, especially what they do with the controller...
kevkev View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevkev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2017 at 5:42pm
They said the snes mini would be loads and that went fast. Same thing will happen. The ones who missed out will miss out again and go and cry on their youtube channels.
Donzombie View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donzombie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2017 at 1:18am
I just hope they package it with 2 controllers.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic