Forum Home Forum Home > General Arcade Chat > Meetings & Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PLAY Expo Manchester - 14-15 October 2017

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PLAY Expo Manchester - 14-15 October 2017
    Posted: 15 August 2017 at 5:36pm
So PLAY hosts its sixth big gaming expo in Manchester this October.

https://www.playexpomanchester.com

Anyone else going?
Brettster View Drop Down
Patreon
Patreon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brettster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2017 at 12:55pm
yup I'll be doing this and the ukvac meet after :)

Looking for a Daytona, Sega Rally cab
felgekarp View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote felgekarp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2017 at 12:57pm
I would have gone but I'm doing a toy fair on the 15th so I'll have to give this years a miss.
Davey D View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davey D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2017 at 3:26pm
I'll 100% be there. John from Johns Arcade https://www.youtube.com/user/blkdog7 is going to be there this year, so will be great to try and meet him there
new666uk View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new666uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2017 at 12:55pm
Ticket prices seem to creep up year on year. I see the 'apply promo code' button but has anyone seen a valid promo code out there?
PCB's WANTED (boot or orig): Ghosts n' Goblins, Bezerk, Salander and Solomans Key.
lhantz View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhantz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2017 at 12:58pm
Got my tickets for Sunday, just hope we can get in faster this year, last year was a total farce, waiting around.
Wanted - Nice Electrocoin Goliath
mission65 View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mission65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2017 at 4:29pm
I am there both days
keyamon View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keyamon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2017 at 6:48pm
I'm there as usual, but the lineup seems a bit weak this year. 

the first year I went was amazing with Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, Oculus and all the arcade forums had their own area.

Obviously it's a different company, but from traders I know they are just milking it and burning a lot of bridges.
DPrinny View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DPrinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2017 at 9:08pm
^Well as an ex crew member (from the start) I have stories

That I cant really tell

They are doing about 5 shows a year, with that many and more round the UK some people are getting a bit fed up as it is becoming the same thing each time, all the ones I work at  I try to very a lot and stick out some odd stuff and know generally whats a good game to stick out 

Edited by DPrinny - 12 October 2017 at 9:12pm
TNOG.ORG - Games nights in Manchester
new666uk View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new666uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2017 at 12:40pm
Very true - there was a notable change in the feel of it all when the new lot took over. Ridonculous queues at the Manchester one which considering they were all for pre-purchased premium early access was a joke.

Similarly at Blackpool the lack of signage and queue control was awful. People arriving from the main hotel entrance were hitting the ticket barrier point before even seeing the queue running to the back of the hotel.

Haven't bought a ticket yet as I'm genuinely in 2 minds whether to bother. No decent speakers, fewer machines being covered (Amiga dudes - where are you now?)

And relax...
PCB's WANTED (boot or orig): Ghosts n' Goblins, Bezerk, Salander and Solomans Key.
new666uk View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote new666uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2017 at 12:42pm
Go on, dish he dirt. You can tell us, we're almost like family!
DPrinny View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DPrinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2017 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by new666uk new666uk wrote:

Go on, dish he dirt. You can tell us, we're almost like family!

To do so would be Petty, I wont back down on this...........

Ill just say im moving on to interesting things
helensification View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helensification Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2017 at 5:56pm
This is the first one I have missed and I agree with DPrinny.

Things have changed and time to move on.
Brettster View Drop Down
Patreon
Patreon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brettster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2017 at 6:18pm
Well I went today and was extremely disappointed
About half the size of previous years and it cost more for the ticket too
Doubt I’ll be going again :(
Looking for a Daytona, Sega Rally cab
keyamon View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keyamon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2017 at 12:03am
We enjoyed it. I would have said it was only marginally smaller but it was definitely lacking any big attraction.
DPrinny View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DPrinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2017 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by keyamon keyamon wrote:

We enjoyed it. I would have said it was only marginally smaller but it was definitely lacking any big attraction.

Nice to know I was missed......................
Nukem View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nukem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2017 at 7:53pm
When Dave started R3PLAY it was a show by collectors for collectors and staffed/run by collectors, every year the cabs would be different because they were the cabs supplied form various collectors around the country, sadly over they years the community element has gone and it's now very cooperate, you get the same cabs every year that also get dragged around to other shows so everything seems a bit "samey"....

Now as everyone knows Dave & Gordan have both left and so it seems has the soul of the show...

Buy & Sell retro (and modern) games & consoles? Join us --> Click Here
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic