Forum Home Forum Home > General Arcade Chat > Arcade Videos & Multimedia
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The rise and fall of the London Trocadero and Sega
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The rise and fall of the London Trocadero and Sega

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tedward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The rise and fall of the London Trocadero and Sega
    Posted: 03 July 2017 at 9:32pm
Hi all. Around this time last year I began researching the London Trocadero's history, of course particularly the part where arcades come in. I have sat on everything I found (videos, images etc) for quit e a while, but I have condensed them all into one blog post. There are 3 videos of Funland (before Sega World), 6 of Sega World (+ a few more in the links) and a few of Funland's final years after Sega pulled out. I have even included a section about the rest of Sega's UK arcades.

Feedback would be appreciated Smile
REVENGE OF DR ROBOTONIC
Nukem View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nukem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2017 at 10:11pm
Nice write up, will have a proper read through later :)

Buy & Sell retro (and modern) games & consoles? Join us --> Click Here
Flinnster View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2017 at 10:21pm
Thanks for bringing back the memories Ted. It's a great read, and a great watch.
Really sad to see the state of the place now, not in terms of the building site, but the complete lack of grandeur at the entrance that used to be like the gateway to another world (or a slice of neo-tokyo at least). I cherish the memories Thumbs Up
Wanted:
- PCBs: Rainbow Islands, Bomb Jack, Rolling Thunder
- Parts: Naomi non-swivel castor wheel, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
- House Extension
trev1976 View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trev1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2017 at 10:24pm
Never got to go to Troc

Went to Bournemouth and Southampton plenty of times though.

Edited by trev1976 - 03 July 2017 at 10:25pm
david656 View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david656 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2017 at 9:43am
Great Post!

I passed my driving test in 2010 (Bristol) and exactly one week later a few of my friends said "lets drive to Funworld!" - probably not the best plan a week after passing my test!

We drove straight into the center of London and parked up £20 for 1.5 hours!!

I have to say we were a little disappointed, having read that article I now have an understanding of why, so sad.

I never did get a chance to go to any Sega arcades, which is a shame.
Monkeykong1 View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monkeykong1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2017 at 4:30pm
I remember that full size Ridge Racer. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic