Forum Home Forum Home > General Arcade Chat > M.A.M.E
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mame 4 slot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Tha Xbox Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beaps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mame 4 slot
    Posted: 15 June 2017 at 11:01pm
Hi all

Can someone help me out....

I am trying to emulate a neo geo 4 slot. I know the newer versions of Mame allow this and keys 3 & 4 move to the next slot. The problem I have is when Mame starts from the command prompt with the 4 games I chosen for the slots, it just goes to the cross hatch screen.

Any ideas?
You need a CoinOps 8 Xbox Console or Uber Wii Console , ready to go, drop me a PM.
(.Y.)
JonnyG View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonnyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2017 at 9:10am
Didn't know this was a thing! Hope someone knows the answer.
big10p View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2017 at 9:55am
I just tried a 3 slot from the command prompt in mame 184 with mame64 neogeo -cart1 blazstar -cart2 mslug -cart3 kotm and it works. You seem to have to coin up before it will let you change games, though.
Beaps View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Tha Xbox Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beaps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2017 at 10:01am
What version of Mame are you using buddy. Also in the bios selection which one are you using
You need a CoinOps 8 Xbox Console or Uber Wii Console , ready to go, drop me a PM.
(.Y.)
big10p View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2017 at 10:10am
MAME 184. It didn't ask me to select a BIOS, but looking once it's loaded, seems it's set to Europe MVS ver 2.

If it still doesn't work, try deleting the neogeo files/folders from the cfg and nvram folders.

Edited by big10p - 16 June 2017 at 10:16am
Beaps View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Tha Xbox Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beaps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2017 at 10:51am
are you using groovey mame or regular mame, still not working for me. :-(

I also deleted them files

Edited by Beaps - 16 June 2017 at 10:51am
(.Y.)
big10p View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2017 at 11:09am
I tested using regular mame on my PC.

Did you try it using the exact command line I posted above? You get the cross hatch when you just load the BIOS with no game. i.e. mame64 neogeo
Beaps View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Tha Xbox Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beaps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2017 at 11:10am
Sussed it.... don't laugh, I forgot you had to put a credit in before you swap carts lol

Anyway in different news, anyone got the latest compied grooveymame I can grab please.
(.Y.)
big10p View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2017 at 11:12am
I did say you had to coin up. Smile

JonnyG has an arcade only build available in this forum, and the official GM is available in the GroovyMAME forum at BYOAC.
Beaps View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Tha Xbox Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beaps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2017 at 11:20am
I think JonnyG has taken down his link, I cannot access it
(.Y.)
big10p View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2017 at 11:23am
JonnyG View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonnyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2017 at 11:39am
Given you access again to 184 Beaps, but link to latest 186 with usual patches is in the "Mame 186 is out" thread.
Beaps View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Tha Xbox Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beaps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2017 at 9:42pm
cheers buddy, al good now. thanks guys
(.Y.)
Haze View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 7:57pm
If you're using the US bios you don't have to coin up before changing games

Haze View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 8:00pm
also even with regular bios if you go into the test mode

setting up the soft dip
setting up the cabinet

there's a 'game select' option you can change between
'free'
and
'only when credited'

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic