Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Arcade Machines Sales
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ridge Racer Upright Arcade Machine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rotunda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ridge Racer Upright Arcade Machine
    Posted: 14 April 2017 at 1:22am
Well most of you know of this machine and the mountain of work it's had done. Well I'm putting it up for sale now.

For those that don't, see here the work its had done: http://ridgeracer.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6&sid=6058a35cc0aad619c78d7ba420851095

ewrgwe5w

ergewthht

ewhtwerhht

srethrthrh

rhrwhjjh

rtwhrhjrhyj

This machine has a razor sharp, burn free screen 25" polo screen. Plays flawlessly, it has had a TON of work done even to the point of every single bolt and nut has been replaced with new ones.

Full list of work carried out:
  • Chassis refubished
  • Custom PC Power supply made to test PSU causing dots on screen and later power supply replaced with new original replacement
  • New marquee light flo bulb + starter
  • New locks all around
  • Coin doors stripped, primed and resprayed
  • Pedal panel resprayed with new bolts which are also stripped, primed and resprayed black
  • New monitor/chassis rear panel + painted black
  • New gear stick decal + complete strip down, clean and regrease
  • New exhaust fan
  • Wiring clean up and removal of dodgy connectors with proper block connectors
  • New mains filter (SCHAFFNER FN 283-6-06)
  • Mains filter bracket and mains switch bracket sanded down and resprayed
  • New coin door LED bulb
  • Pedals greased and aligned properly
  • Wooden board which hold the PCB and PSU screw hole brackets replaced
  • New screws on the PCB wooden panel
  • New screws on the marquee light panel
  • New alan key bolts all around the machine
  • Damaged wooden bars on the rear of the machine removed
  • Exterior chipboard touched up and returned to black color
  • Remaining rotten foot rest chipboard removed and T molding cut to size and fitted either side to make it look original
  • Original footboard metal plate fitted to the bottom of the cabinet to make it look original without the footrest
  • New center panel lock fitted as it was originally
  • Holes filled with flat head bolts which were also sprayed black
  • Screen alignment fixed
  • Marquee panel and control panel resprayed in red
  • New foam fitted for the control panel where the glass sits
  • Fitted metal plate for the rear lock bar, chipboard worn out causing rear door to not sit flush
  • Steering wheel center cap replaced with a nicer rare Namco center cap version (from a Rave Racer import)
  • Pedals replaced for longer reach, shiny pedals
  • HAPP steering wheel and mech replaced recently
  • Recently Namco serviced PCB (so it won't ever suffer from the no 3D issue most of these suffer from)
I'm looking for £600 which I'm aware is a little higher than a lot of these go for but this is arguably the most up together machine in the UK. Granted the foot rest isn't present but everything else is spot on and it's the only one i know of with side art that isn't totally destroyed.

Giving it a chance on here before it hits eBay.
Sleazy View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2017 at 1:39pm
it really is a beaut
rotunda View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rotunda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2017 at 2:37pm
Thank you buddy :) I might be open to offers on it. Kinda need to space right now.
Sleazy View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2017 at 2:58pm
dont tempt me mate, its only that i dont think it'd fit thru the door thats stopping me abusing my credit card
Flinnster View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2017 at 4:35pm
Wow, shocked you are selling mate Shocked

You'll be telling us you need to make space for the sit-down version next? Wink

Edited by Flinnster - 14 April 2017 at 4:36pm
Wanted:
- PCBs: Rainbow Islands, Bomb Jack, Rolling Thunder
- Parts: Naomi non-swivel castor wheel, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
- House Extension
rotunda View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rotunda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2017 at 4:59pm
Haha! I wish fella! 

Just comes a time to move things along. I've had it a year and done it some good justice from what it was. Just at that point where i want to move onto other things now.

Would much rather sell here as it could go to anyone on eBay. Someone would probably MAME it or something silly.

Sleazy, it's actually not too big i got it up a set of old cottage stairs which also had a turn in them so you would be surprised.
Sleazy View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2017 at 5:06pm
i think the doorway into my arcade room is only something like 28" wide, the 25" screen kinda rules it out
Flinnster View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2017 at 6:12pm
One of my all time faves.  Really hope it goes to a good home too! Thumbs Up
You know I'd be grabbing it were it not for the usual space issues - already fully booked with projects in my little corner of the house currently.
For me, I shall have to settle for the trusted PlayStation conversion, that I've been playing since 1995 Smile
Wanted:
- PCBs: Rainbow Islands, Bomb Jack, Rolling Thunder
- Parts: Naomi non-swivel castor wheel, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
- House Extension
rotunda View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rotunda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2017 at 6:37pm
£500, last drop before it hits eBay.

Pedals have been adjusted now so you can use it with the floor.

ergeg
acidburn View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acidburn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2017 at 7:28pm
Unfortunately with some games it just doesn't pay to do a detailed restore unless you intend to keep the machine for yourself.
acidburn

10 PRINT "BOOBS"
20 GOTO 10
RUN
rotunda View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rotunda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2017 at 8:34pm
I did originally hence all the work but don't have room now as I'm downsizing. 
Rasputin View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rasputin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2017 at 9:43pm
Is this the same ridge racer I was gonna buy from you for £450 back in December?
rotunda View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rotunda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2017 at 9:54pm
Might of been can't remember, it's had a lot more work since then.
Rasputin View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rasputin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2017 at 10:16pm
I suppose your still fishing for the highest offer then.
rotunda View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rotunda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2017 at 8:29am
of course, i've spent far more than what it's up for. I don't expect to make a profit but i don't intend to make  massive loss either.
steve View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2017 at 10:17am
eBay is yor best bet and you will get a higher price to recoup your investment.
Looks a lovely cab.
Always looking for a bargain!!!
rotunda View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rotunda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2017 at 2:59pm
£450 anyone?
frazer99 View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frazer99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2017 at 9:00pm
Enjoyed the write up of your restoration. Definitely seems worth £450.00. 
Dbishop1982 View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dbishop1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 1:53pm
Hi is this still for sale?

Thanks
nurtuo View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nurtuo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 7:37pm
I am very interested. Is it still for sale.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic