Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade Technical and Restoration > Restorations
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Subelectro Fantazia restoration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blazerfrazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Subelectro Fantazia restoration
    Posted: 04 April 2017 at 9:55pm

Hi all,

This was advertised on gumtree recently and I was the “chosen one” to take her home for some love. My I seek  your support, ideas and suggestions on getting it restored and working please. I am technical and work with electrics as my job and have managed to fix up 4 Sega Rallys in my cave but this is the first upright restoration and although I know about cap kits and watched many John’s arcade videos I haven’t done anything like this yet and welcome guidance. The story so far is that I have it home and reassembled back into one piece after transport home. I have cleaned it, replaced the locks as there were no keys and bought a new tube for the marquee and that’s it. I am unsure about the connector on the pcb because I compared it to the connector on my Jamma table running an icade 60 in one and it looked different. Knowing very little I had the idea to plug the pcb into my table and see if the board worked. I’m glad I have stopped trying to run before I can walk and come to you chaps for the first steps. The chap said it had a blank green screen and that was all he knew. I have a cap kit coming from Ian Kellogg which will be a couple of weeks. I would like to try and check as much as I can in the mean time.

big10p View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2017 at 10:05pm
Looks in great condition as it is, from that pic. What part of it do you want to restore, exactly?

Originally posted by blazerfrazer blazerfrazer wrote:

I am unsure about the connector on the pcb because I compared it to the connector on my Jamma table running an icade 60 in one and it looked different. Knowing very little I had the idea to plug the pcb into my table and see if the board worked.

That would be a really bad idea. There are many different edge connector pinouts, so if it looks different to JAMMA, it probably is. Post a good pic of the PCB, and cab innards, and folk will be able to advise you what you're dealing with.
blazerfrazer View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blazerfrazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2017 at 10:13pm

penrhos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penrhos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2017 at 10:27pm
With fantazia being a clone of moon cresta I'd get a multimeter out and compare the wiring on the edge connector against the pin out for moon cresta.

Then it's a case of either rewiring the edge connector to Jamma or making an adapter.
Cabs : 2 * Leisure 2000, 2 * Euro 25, 1 * Vewlix, 1 * Sega Rally 3.
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blazerfrazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2017 at 10:29pm
Is that to allow me to check the board on my jamma table?
penrhos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penrhos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2017 at 10:39pm
Either - to test the pcb in a known good Jamma cab you'll need to make a fantazia to Jamma adapter. To run your 60in1 in the fantazia cab you'll need one the works the other way around.

The pcb is not Jamma standard so will not work in your Jamma cab without an adapter.

Edited by penrhos - 04 April 2017 at 10:42pm
Cabs : 2 * Leisure 2000, 2 * Euro 25, 1 * Vewlix, 1 * Sega Rally 3.
Flinnster View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2017 at 10:46pm
Not sure if this is helpful:

http://antelopearcade.com/files/Arcade%20Schematics/MOON_CRESTA_SCHEMATICS.PDF

4th page details 8.2v, 16v, and 100v for the monitor. Certainly not Jamma!

Edited by Flinnster - 04 April 2017 at 10:48pm
Wanted:
- PCBs: Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder
- Parts: Naomi non-swivel castor wheel, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
- House Extension
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blazerfrazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2017 at 10:59pm
Ok so i'm learning. so these boards are all different and unique to that game. I need to find a wiring diagram for Fantazia or identify the wires connected in the Fantazia cab to allow me to make and wire a lead to try the board in my table that has the the jamma 60 in one. I have located a jamma plug but what do i search for that will connect on my pcb, what is that connector called?
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blazerfrazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2017 at 11:05pm

Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blazerfrazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2017 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by Flinnster Flinnster wrote:

Not sure if this is helpful:

http://antelopearcade.com/files/Arcade%20Schematics/MOON_CRESTA_SCHEMATICS.PDF

4th page details 8.2v, 16v, and 100v for the monitor. Certainly not Jamma!

Sorry just seen this, looks complicated. thanks for finding it for me.
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blazerfrazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2017 at 10:25pm
I have searched the terms: fantazia pcb wiring diagram, Subelectro fantazia, troubleshoot subelectro, for the pcb wiring connections and so far all i can find is on KLOV , an entry where i will enter some pictures as they don't have any and also on here for a Subelectro Hunchback.
Any suggestions where i can get the info needed to start the trouble shooting. I seem to be finding lots on Ceiling Fans Wiring!
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blazerfrazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2017 at 2:27pm
Hi, is this what i need to plug my unknown Fantasia into my working jamma cab ?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Unigame-to-jamma-adapter-/232304639972?hash=item36166f7fe4:g:XDUAAOSwBOtY9HiR

on another thread people are helping me to get the psu working but it could be the monitor as its all unknown so perhaps if i plug the fantazia into my jamma that will help me work out whats going on. I just need the connectors really but i can only find a 56 pin male and no female. the fantazia has 48 pins.
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blazerfrazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 9:21pm

Hi for those of you who followed this thread, the PSU issue led me to start another thread and in the end contained all the fun and frills of getting the machine fixed! Ill report back here when the physical restoration starts, but for now its working well and looking presentable, Thanks for all your help chaps. 

http://www.jammaplus.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=83090&PID=747244&#747244

bones View Drop Down
High Score Ref
High Score Ref

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 10:06pm
Nice one, Fantazia is a great game Cool.
superpuma View Drop Down
Insert Coin
Insert Coin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superpuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2017 at 5:06am
Hi just reading this thread, I picked up a subelectro fantazia cocktail earlier this year too, pink screen unfortunately but at least the monitor is working ok, swapped out the power supply board because by a 1000 to 1 chance I had exactly the same board in my spares collection. Still getting a pink screen, logic board I guess??? I actually have 3 subelectros here and the other 2 are exodus cabaret and space intruders upright (intermittent) but none fully working Thumbs Down. Thats my tuppence (and first post), cheers all, any body seen where I put my whiskey down??? Beer
Dav
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blazerfrazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by superpuma superpuma wrote:

Hi just reading this thread, I picked up a subelectro fantazia cocktail earlier this year too, pink screen unfortunately but at least the monitor is working ok, swapped out the power supply board because by a 1000 to 1 chance I had exactly the same board in my spares collection. Still getting a pink screen, logic board I guess??? I actually have 3 subelectros here and the other 2 are exodus cabaret and space intruders upright (intermittent) but none fully working Thumbs Down. Thats my tuppence (and first post), cheers all, any body seen where I put my whiskey down??? Beer

Great! love to see some pictures of them all? mine is still going strong, i have just purchased a high score save kit which i am gonna try, cant wait. love to see the Fantazia cocktail.

Edited by blazerfrazer - 23 October 2017 at 4:33pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic