Forum Home Forum Home > General Arcade Chat > M.A.M.E
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pi2Scart - Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Tha Xbox Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beaps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pi2Scart - Thread
    Posted: 25 March 2017 at 6:13pm
Thought I would start a thread regarding all things Pi2Scart.

I've been tinkering with it today and I have to say I'm very impressed. I'm running Retropie 4.2 so all the emulators are basically set up for you, you just need to tweak em a bit.

I do have one issue though, the screen centre is a little off to the left but hey.

Amstrad

Zx Spectrum

C64

Daphne

Edited by Beaps - 25 March 2017 at 6:24pm
You need a CoinOps 8 Xbox Console or Uber Wii Console , ready to go, drop me a PM.
(.Y.)
shaffowaffo View Drop Down
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaffowaffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2017 at 8:47pm
Awesome !

Picture looks great, be good to see of anyone manages to get it working properly on a PVM.  Works great on my Trinitron TV but was shakey as hell on the PVM, no dout a config.txt timing issue or something.

Love the Robocop image ! that loading image brings back so many memories :]
wanted : Golden Axe Original
wanted : Winning unclaimed euro millions lottery ticket :]
Beaps View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Tha Xbox Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beaps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2017 at 9:05pm
I was hoping you would chip in as I am using your config, thanks man.

I am trying to make a gpio extender so I can move the pi2scart to outside my pi case, but I get a rolling image.
You need a CoinOps 8 Xbox Console or Uber Wii Console , ready to go, drop me a PM.
(.Y.)
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaffowaffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2017 at 9:16pm
Sounds like a good idea, I had to remove my case entirely as once the pi2scart is on it, the case is unusable, damned shame...only just bought it.

I am not a wiring person to be honest, so wouldn't have a clue how to help you :]  Would be good if you do manage to crack it.  Maybe it should have been designed to be an adapter rather than a daughter board if that makes sense.  Cable goes into GPIO (which allows us to have a proper case on) and then it simply goes to the main pi2scart box and finally the scart cable.

Anyhows, best of luck and let us know how you get on dude.  Am holding fire on playing with mine for the time being.  I did buy two with the idea of one being a Vert SCHMUP setup and the other a Fighter setup, but a imminent car purchase is going to consume me.  Lexus...vroooom vroooom...which reminds me...I really need to get VROOM working on the st emulator, not quite sure whats going on with it, but when I tried running the st emulator, none of the games worked...darn it...

enjoy your w.e mate :]

mozie View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mozie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2017 at 10:53am
I have one of these incoming, shame to hear about the pvm though as thats what I was planning on running it on.. Someone will figure it out I guess!!
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaffowaffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2017 at 2:10pm
It might just be a setup/cable issue my side, try yours and let us know how you get on.

Best of luck and if you crack it, let us all know your secret :]

Brettster View Drop Down
Patreon
Patreon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brettster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2017 at 3:32pm
What's the cable you are using with your PVM? is it the one with the built in sync stripper? if so this needs power for it to work. or it could just be a sync wire swap!

Looking for a Daytona, Sega Rally cab
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaffowaffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2017 at 7:16pm
Good point...Just had a look at the retrogaming cables website, I cant remember which of the two it is...I have my sync as two inputs with a bnc 2 to 1 input adapter on there.  Maybe I have added one of the audio brakouts to the sync perhaps ?

I will take a look Wednesday and post a picture. I have this feeling I have been a numpty and wired it up incorrectly...post results Wednesday.
zoopster View Drop Down
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoopster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2017 at 10:13pm
Anybody using Lakka with Pi2SCART?
Beaps View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Tha Xbox Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beaps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2017 at 11:17pm
Lakka Hummmmmm what's that?
(.Y.)
zoopster View Drop Down
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoopster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2017 at 11:22am
It's an open source "games console" basically packaged version of RetroArch.

http://www.lakka.tv/ 

Basically an alternative to Recalbox. 
zoopster View Drop Down
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoopster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2017 at 11:26pm
I got Lakka up and running this evening with the Pi2SCART. Really impressed with the output on the BVM. Has anybody had much luck getting the Spectrum (Fuse) or Commodore 64 emulators up and running? Is a keyboard required to get the games working? 
zoopster View Drop Down
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoopster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2017 at 9:38pm
Anybody had a close look at the RGB-PI "OS": https://github.com/mortaca/RGB-Pi/blob/master/changelog.md

I tried it with the PI2SCART and the image displayed but the colours were messed up. 
Beaps View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Tha Xbox Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beaps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2017 at 9:41pm
Standard pi2jamma settings

(.Y.)
zoopster View Drop Down
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoopster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2017 at 10:19pm
Hi Beaps

Looks good. Are you using this: http://strike-devices.net/index.php/arcade/pi2jamma/ and your Pi2SCART? 

John 
Beaps View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Tha Xbox Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beaps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2017 at 10:35pm
No mate I'm using the arcade forge one

http://arcadeforge.net/PiJamma/PI2SCART::264.html
(.Y.)
Beaps View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Tha Xbox Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beaps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 7:37pm
Been chatting on FB group about running Retropie emulators at there native reseolution and one clever chap has come up with build that all you need to do is add roms. I have to say wow I think this is absolutely amazing

(.Y.)
TheGecko View Drop Down
Patreon
Patreon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheGecko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 8:12pm
Yeah, I've been running the same scripts this week as well - the console emulators are now spot on. Just need to dig out my full fat 20 inch BVM, and it'll look spot on. :) (Need to tweak the geometry on this 14 inch first, though!)

Edited by TheGecko - 20 April 2017 at 8:13pm
Looking for broken/repairable/untested PCB's : PM me!
Eddhorse View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddhorse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 8:17pm
Is this the jamma one or the scart one from Arcade Forge / Strike.
TheGecko View Drop Down
Patreon
Patreon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheGecko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by Eddhorse Eddhorse wrote:

Is this the jamma one or the scart one from Arcade Forge / Strike.

PiScart - works well with the Sony monitors, with a scart to bnc cable.
Looking for broken/repairable/untested PCB's : PM me!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic