Forum Home Forum Home > General Arcade Chat > Meetings & Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sunday 16th - Arcade Club or Play Expo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Azbilton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sunday 16th - Arcade Club or Play Expo
    Posted: 18 March 2017 at 8:34am
Am I right in thinking that there are two separate arcade machine/pinball events on, on 16th April?

I have emails from Play Expo in Leeds on 16th and one for 8 bit flip which is at Arcade Club 15th and 16th?

If there is a clash, any idea as to which will be the better one to go to I.e. which will have best selection? I'm guessing that a lot of people on here will be taking machines to one or the other.

Cheers

Andy
Before you abuse, criticise and accuse, Then walk a mile in my shoes
Nukem View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nukem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2017 at 10:45am
Seems odd that both events are running on the same days, are there not enough weeks in the year to separate them?

Both will have lots of pinballs and vids, the only real difference prob being is that Play Expo will have more traders and lots of modern stuff and cosplay, if you just want Pinballs & vids go to Arcade Club...
Buy & Sell retro (and modern) games & consoles? Join us --> Click Here
dsyde View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dsyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2017 at 11:01am
Bury and Leeds are well connected with the M62 and no more than an hour apart, you could do both.
JOIN THE C.C.G Buying/Selling Group On Facebook, for anything Retro and Console Gaming.
maskeddev View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maskeddev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2017 at 7:40pm
What makes a visit to Arcade Club different for the average punter when 8 bit flip is there? Honest question.
Fantazia2 View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fantazia2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by maskeddev maskeddev wrote:

What makes a visit to Arcade Club different for the average punter when 8 bit flip is there? Honest question.

I think there is more pinball machines, and also 2 different pinball tournaments running on the Saturday and Sunday.
frothmeister View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frothmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 11:12pm
I think the amount of arcade cabinets/pinballs will be considerably higher at Arcade Club than Play expo.

Play expo more for console/computer stuff I would imagine, but with the bonus of some arcade cabs/pinballs.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic