Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > Console And Retro Gaming
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PC Engine/Super Grafx advice please!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2huwman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PC Engine/Super Grafx advice please!
    Posted: 17 March 2017 at 8:29pm
I got a Super Grafx from ebay, and it seems to have a problem. It will play normal pc engine games completely fine, but won't play the original Battle Ace card that I have, or supergrafx games from my turbo everdrive (v2.5).

It will load one of the Super Grafx games from the everdrive (Aldynes), but displays it with corrupted sprites and backgrounds. Other games just give a blank screen. 

Is this a problem that other people have come across? Is is possible that the additional Super Grafx GPU has failed somehow, but the base PC Engine hardware is OK?

I'm going to contact the seller, but wanted to check to see if this was an issue that other people have come across, as I know that some versions of the everdrive don't work well with SuperGrafx (but my v2.5 should). 

Thanks for any advice!
Message me if you need a JAMMA Cab-ready 15Khz MAME PC!
gojira54 View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gojira54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2017 at 8:49pm
There's a switch on the rear of the console that determines pc engine  or super grafx mode, try that.
Clean the hucard slot by using an iso soaked tissue wrapped over a credit card or something, be careful
Try as many original hucards as you can, if you get corrupt graphics all the time maybe fault with RAM etc 
2huwman View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2huwman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2017 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by gojira54 gojira54 wrote:

There's a switch on the rear of the console that determines pc engine  or super grafx mode, try that.
Clean the hucard slot by using an iso soaked tissue wrapped over a credit card or something, be careful
Try as many original hucards as you can, if you get corrupt graphics all the time maybe fault with RAM etc 

Wow - thanks so much gojira54 - I had no idea there was a 'make everything work' switch on the back! 

It's working perfectly now. Great games - shame they didn't make more. 

Can you RGB mod Super Grafx?
pulstar View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pulstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2017 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by 2huwman 2huwman wrote:

Can you RGB mod Super Grafx?

Yep, you can RGB mod the Super Grafx in the same way as a Duo/Duo-R/Duo-RX, straight from the Hu6260.

Edited by pulstar - 17 March 2017 at 10:16pm
gojira54 View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gojira54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2017 at 8:59am
They are straight forward to mod for RGB, can sell you the amp/do the mod if yr interested;

http://www.jammaplus.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=73413&title=pc-engine-rgb-mods

2huwman View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2huwman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2017 at 11:23am
thanks guys - yes, I might send it to you gojira54 for a mod!
uberpixel View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uberpixel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2017 at 8:06pm
I'll vouch for Paul - he RGB modded my Duo-R and it looks awesome!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic