Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > Computing & Online Gaming
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ultrawide 21:9 monitors..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Patrol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBadWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ultrawide 21:9 monitors..
    Posted: 13 March 2017 at 6:29pm
Anyone use one?

Sorely tempted to get this one, curved and 1440p.. Amazon £380.. lots of good reviews too..

So, anyone use one? I think I would find it useful for having 4 or more windows open at once while working, then for gaming they are supposed to be awesome.

Any thoughts?

Edited by BigBadWolf - 13 March 2017 at 6:30pm
JAMMA+
***Sorry.. I have no fcuks left to give!
ChasinTheTrane View Drop Down
Insert Coin
Insert Coin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChasinTheTrane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2017 at 11:48pm
Personally, I prefer to have a separate monitor if I'm wanting to use a screen for articles/Youtube/etc. to look at while gaming. This looks amazing for racing games or video editing.

What kind of games are you into?
BigBadWolf View Drop Down
Forum Patrol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBadWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2017 at 12:10am
Driving/racing games, gta5.. etc. I think they look great for gaming. for work, I could have 4/5/6 apps open at once - the time saved minimizing and maximising windows as you work between them would be great. Then for normal browsing use I could have 15tabs open and still see the page titles or just have 4 browser windows open at once.. I think it's for me...

However, the link above looks like scam, too good to be true at that price.  

Edited by BigBadWolf - 14 March 2017 at 12:10am
JAMMA+
tb2000 View Drop Down
Da Mon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tb2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2017 at 12:24pm
Does seem cheap when Overclockers (who I found always had fairly good prices in the past) have it for £749 and even at that price they're out of stock!

Edited by tb2000 - 15 March 2017 at 12:24pm
Currently looking for: Ridge Racer PCB set (or Rom set), maybe a B+W game pcb of some sort :)
ChasinTheTrane View Drop Down
Insert Coin
Insert Coin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChasinTheTrane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2017 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by BigBadWolf BigBadWolf wrote:

Driving/racing games, gta5.. etc. I think they look great for gaming. for work, I could have 4/5/6 apps open at once - the time saved minimizing and maximising windows as you work between them would be great. Then for normal browsing use I could have 15tabs open and still see the page titles or just have 4 browser windows open at once.. I think it's for me...

However, the link above looks like scam, too good to be true at that price.  
It looks good to me. I would say go for it, especially since you like driving games!
Forum Patrol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBadWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2017 at 10:23pm
I don't like to fukc about, so am probably going to splash into a 3840x1600 38" 21:9. I rather have the bigger screen inch size than 34" 21:9, so have been looking at 37-38's.. and they are 3840x1600..so be it.
Yeah, I know I'll need a proper gpu for that too, there is a gtx1080ti is on the same shopping list as that monitor.  
JAMMA+
Stakex View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stakex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2017 at 3:27pm
My friend has the 32inch Samsung curved ultrawide and it is very nice, especially for multitasking. You can get two full webpages open and its like having a dual 21" setup. Games that support 21:9 are extremely immersive and generally better just have to remember not all games do at the moment like Fallout 4. 

I only went 1440p 144hz because I got a great deal on a Gsync monitor otherwise I would have went ultrawide. Which one did you go with in the end?
Forum Patrol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBadWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2017 at 4:55pm
Yep.. erm, I went with the new four poster bed and new spongy mattress as apparently that was more important than a 38" 21:9 UW monitor and a GTX1080ti.. who knew?!

Anyhow, with that out of the way, the next items on the frivolous agenda is probably the Acer 38" UW.. but, I need to service her car next week and my hypercar needs doing to (and that is important! lol) so by the time I am ready to buy there will probably be a bigger range to choose from as 1600p UW gains momentum, im sure there will be a gsync version along soon for example.. so as long as we dont need a new kitchen by then...

JAMMA+
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic