Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > Console And Retro Gaming
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Video Games Market

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inchoate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Video Games Market
    Posted: 23 February 2017 at 5:43pm
Hey all. I can't see that anyone's posted about this so...

Another Retro Video Games Market on at the Doncaster Dome

Saturday 25th of February from 10am. If you plan to go, go early. The line to get in last time was stood waiting for over half an hour.
You don't need to know how to shine the sun. You just do it.
skykappah View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skykappah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2017 at 6:14pm
Oooooo, me home town.
All YOUR CANDIES ARE BELONG TO ME'S.
bambero View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bambero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2017 at 6:25pm
I had a stall at this last year. It was a very good day for sellers as anything boxed and in good condition flew away at high prices. If you are a cart only kinda guy its probably not going to be as good as the retro events one that was at Leeds Town Hall last weekend hosted by J+ member Mainvein
dsyde View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dsyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2017 at 8:18pm
Well i was torn between doing either the Leeds one or the Doncaster one, but now i'm not doing either because I have a Switch to pay for. So maybe next time.
JOIN THE C.C.G Buying/Selling Group On Facebook, for anything Retro and Console Gaming.
Nukem View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nukem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2017 at 9:51pm
Oh oh oh a video game market, oh wait it's "up north" as usual....:(

Meh it's grim up north :)
Buy & Sell retro (and modern) games & consoles? Join us --> Click Here
skykappah View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skykappah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2017 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by Nukem Nukem wrote:

Meh, it's not that grim as long as you don't look at people for more than 2 seconds and run away fast when somebody is coming in your general direction. Remember to wear Adidas or Nike trackie bottoms, a Helly Hansen sweater and a baseball cap, then speak like you left school at 13 and you'll be sweet. Can of Relentless in one hand optional but recommended. Welcome to sunny Donny.
marach View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2017 at 11:27pm
That's more welcome to rosso...  or scawsby 
skykappah View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skykappah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2017 at 12:02am
Originally posted by marach marach wrote:

That's more welcome to rosso...  or scawsby 

Or Edlo, Balby, Stainy, Hexthorpe... and all the bits scattered around town... And lastly Hyde Park.... Jesus Christ... Do not say "Hyde Park" 3 times consecutively.
Nukem View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nukem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2017 at 12:38am
Originally posted by skykappah skykappah wrote:

Originally posted by Nukem Nukem wrote:

Meh, it's not that grim as long as you don't look at people for more than 2 seconds and run away fast when somebody is coming in your general direction. Remember to wear Adidas or Nike trackie bottoms, a Helly Hansen sweater and a baseball cap, then speak like you left school at 13 and you'll be sweet. Can of Relentless in one hand optional but recommended. Welcome to sunny Donny.

LOLLOL
felgekarp View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote felgekarp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2017 at 1:46pm
I'll be paying a visit round about mid day.
skykappah View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skykappah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2017 at 2:40pm
At the do right now.. Some stalls have scandalous prices
Brettster View Drop Down
Patreon
Patreon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brettster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2017 at 3:05pm
Was heaving and very expensive
and why are Sega 32X's so expensive all of a sudden? £200!!!
was £70 last year
Looking for a Daytona, Sega Rally cab
marach View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2017 at 6:01pm
'cause mark up tbh, most of them would likely have haggled down a bunch. Didn't get to go this time wifey is ill. But last year you could haggle most of the boxed stuff down to half or do bundles...
Nukem View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nukem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2017 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Brettster Brettster wrote:

Was heaving and very expensive
and why are Sega 32X's so expensive all of a sudden? £200!!!
was £70 last year

They are worth about £100 loose, £140 minty boxed... £200 is "show price"...LOL

Glad to see it's not only CEX that are trying to feck retro prices...
skykappah View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skykappah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2017 at 7:13pm
Wow that was a very sweaty experience! Though I had a very nice time and half the stalls were decently priced.
The highlights were seeing the really geekiest geeks blurt out their pent up conversations onto the vendors.
You could see the vendors forced smiles and nods with their thought bubble of "uuh please go away you're scaring me".
marach View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2017 at 8:12pm
Apparently there's one on Saturday, not seen it advertised anywhere but their facebook page...
inchoate View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inchoate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2017 at 9:16pm
I only found out about this weekend's market today.

I'm going to give this one a miss. Car's MOT is due :(
You don't need to know how to shine the sun. You just do it.
skykappah View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skykappah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2017 at 9:34pm
Nice! I really enjoyed the last one.
marach View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2017 at 4:08pm
I didn't do bad a nice condition eternal darkness for 8 quid and 10 OG Xbox games for around 1 quid each and a couple of rarer ones for 3-4 each
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic