Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > Console And Retro Gaming
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

3d printed Raspberry Snes Console

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Tha Xbox Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beaps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3d printed Raspberry Snes Console
    Posted: 19 January 2017 at 12:47am
Hi all

Anyone printed this pi case off, or has anyone got a 3d printer that could print one off for me for a fee?

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1496674

Ta
B
You need a CoinOps 8 Xbox Console or Uber Wii Console , ready to go, drop me a PM.
(.Y.)
iddod View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iddod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2017 at 11:03pm
i use https://www.3dhubs.com for all my prints, if you get someone local it can work out really cheap...
HTH
bobbi iddod
poppi iqqoq
prof5 View Drop Down
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prof5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2017 at 2:12pm
Here you go Beaps,

I did not what to say I could print one until I tried, just over 8 hours of print and here we are.

Beaps View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Tha Xbox Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beaps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2017 at 2:16pm
Oh man that's bloody fantastic!!!
You need a CoinOps 8 Xbox Console or Uber Wii Console , ready to go, drop me a PM.
(.Y.)
Brettster View Drop Down
Patreon
Patreon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brettster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2017 at 2:43pm
so cute!! what would something like that cost to print? always fancied a 3D printer 
Looking for a Daytona, Sega Rally cab
prof5 View Drop Down
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prof5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2017 at 4:02pm
That print was about 35 metres of filament and a 1kg roll is about 330 metres,
you can buy reasonable printers for about £300
Beaps View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Tha Xbox Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beaps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2017 at 5:58pm
I received this from prof5 and I cannot thank him enough. I messed up the lid in the pic above and he only sent me another.

After using spray primer and filler I think I have archive the look I am going for. What I thought would be a simple process due to the shape turned into a pretty tough job.

Edited by Beaps - 16 February 2017 at 5:59pm
(.Y.)
Beaps View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Tha Xbox Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beaps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2017 at 6:02pm
Also instead of using the rubbish usb snes pads, I opted for converting an original controller using a Teensy LC so it feel 100% authentic

(.Y.)
BigBadWolf View Drop Down
Forum Patrol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBadWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2017 at 9:27pm
You pic is a little grainy, how is the finished article? The finish looks abit "amateur night" but hard to tell from that pic..don't take that the wrong way, just being critical. I think the idea of the 3d print stuff is brilliant, you have no doubt seen the websites full of files you can download and print all sorts of things.. I guess the quality of the print comes down to 3 factors: the quality of the design/file, the quality of the actual printer and the quality of the filament you are printing with?

JAMMA+
***Sorry.. I have no fcuks left to give!
Beaps View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Tha Xbox Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beaps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2017 at 9:41pm
No its fine I'm ok that it's a bit amateur I have tried everything to get it looking smooth but hey, I'm happy with the final look.
(.Y.)
Brettster View Drop Down
Patreon
Patreon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brettster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2017 at 11:54pm
Have seen people smooth out the prints using acetone or acetone vapour but apparently the fumes are deadly !!!

Edited by Brettster - 16 February 2017 at 11:56pm
Looking for a Daytona, Sega Rally cab
venom View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2017 at 12:12am
Managed to get a mate of mine in Scotland to print me one, hoping not to do too much to it ?

Do you need filler and primer or you after a specific look ?

I have had enough of breaking things lately !!

Edited by venom - 17 February 2017 at 12:12am
Owner Supreme video, a Woodie and Thunderbirds pachislo.
keyamon View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keyamon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2017 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Brettster Brettster wrote:

Have seen people smooth out the prints using acetone or acetone vapour but apparently the fumes are deadly !!!

Our body apparently makes acetone but yeah you do want it to be fairly well ventilated.

It only works on abs as well which a lot of cheaper printers can't handle.

Edited by keyamon - 17 February 2017 at 2:51pm
FrancoB View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Plastic Fantastic, Loom Legend.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrancoB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2017 at 3:21pm
Good stuff.

I was thinking about getting a 3D printed one but then I saw these NES Lego versions so I'm going to do a variation on this:

Ordered the bricks needed via brickowl, looking forward to putting it together. Smile

There's a Super Famicom version too:

Edited by FrancoB - 17 February 2017 at 3:25pm
Beaps View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Tha Xbox Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beaps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2017 at 3:56pm
Wow not that looks good Franco;-)
(.Y.)
Beaps View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Tha Xbox Man

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beaps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2017 at 4:00pm
Trying to go for the set

(.Y.)
gojira54 View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gojira54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2017 at 7:02am
You need the 68k too then ;)

http://www.helmets.works/x68000/

Gunstar View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gunstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2017 at 12:42am
:O Those lego consoles are amazing!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic