Forum Home Forum Home > General Arcade Chat > Meetings & Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

GAME MANIA Blackpool 6-7 May

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Insert Coin
Insert Coin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gamemania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GAME MANIA Blackpool 6-7 May
    Posted: 05 January 2017 at 5:16pm

GAME MANIA
BLACKPOOL WINTER GARDENS
6-7 MAY

Game mania is a gaming event, Arcades, VR section,
classic consoles, challenges, tournaments, traders, guests!

Check out facebook for current giveaways! Share/Like to enter.
http://www.game-mania.co.uk

BUY TICKETS HERE

Traders welcome, contact@game-mania.co.uk

Twitter @gamemaniaretro

Edited by gamemania - 07 January 2017 at 3:09pm
rotunda View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rotunda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2017 at 5:23pm
FB link not working for me.

Looks good though!
Nukem View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nukem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2017 at 5:47pm
Is this a new adventure or Play expanding into more shows??

Edit: Play is on in Blackpool in July....:|

Edited by Nukem - 05 January 2017 at 5:53pm
gamemania View Drop Down
Insert Coin
Insert Coin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gamemania Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2017 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by rotunda rotunda wrote:

FB link not working for me.

Looks good though!

Good day, link works now!

Even though we've got arcades, newgen, retro games etc we're trying to be different, there be more VR's, more family games, less traders more games, ticket prices are nearly 20%+ lower, guests etc, also we're limiting capacity so everyone will get to go on the machines.

Hope this helps!

subzero View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subzero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 11:39am
I think this show may be the reason play expo moved from 1st weekend in may to july
Tronads View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tronads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 12:04pm
Not what I heard....As I understand it, PlayExpo left it so late to book the venue, that someone else got in before them and the venue was no longer available for the weekend they wanted it.

Pacman - 3,131,650
Donkey Kong - 389,000
subzero View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subzero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2017 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Tronads Tronads wrote:

Not what I heard....As I understand it, PlayExpo left it so late to book the venue, that someone else got in before them and the venue was no longer available for the weekend they wanted it.

ive been to the norbreck website and there are no other events booked on their usual weekend...unless its just not listed
Tronads View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tronads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2017 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by subzero subzero wrote:

ive been to the norbreck website and there are no other events booked on their usual weekend...unless its just not listed

The booking that sneaked in there was a fan conference for the TV show "Once Upon a Time".

I didn't go to GameMania, but a couple of my mates went and from what I can gather, I am glad I didn't go !
Pacman - 3,131,650
Donkey Kong - 389,000
DPrinny View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DPrinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 12:15pm
Out of interest what issues did they have with it?

(quite a few tech problems to be ironed out)
TNOG.ORG - Games nights in Manchester
Tronads View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tronads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 5:40pm
Well one of them put a post out on on facebook with some pictures, and saying " Game thing. Don't bother. It has about an eighth of what Play does at Norbreck".....he took his young lad there. When I quizzed him further he said "Tiny. Good set of pinballs but half the cabs were knackered. One player only, etc."

One of my other mates went, an Arcade Club regular...I was potentially going to go with him, but didn't in the end, I had a feeling it would be disappointing. He told me later a similar story, hardly any cabs, quite a few faults. Consoles poor compared to Play. He said he left within an hour, so felt it was a waste of money.

I think things need to be put into perspective though.....Play has been going a fair while now, and each year it's got bigger and better. We can't expect a new event to immediately be on par with Play. These views are also coming from people who are perhaps more critical than the general public. I am sure that there were people there who maybe have never attended a Play Expo, or gone to Arcade Club, and I imagine their take on the event might be quite different.

I'm glad I saved my money though, the arcade sounds like it was barely bigger than my own personal collection.

Pacman - 3,131,650
Donkey Kong - 389,000
Seyre1972 View Drop Down
Insert Coin
Insert Coin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seyre1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 6:44am
Hi - I went to Arcade club for the 1st time on the Saturday evening and had a cracking 3 hrs - transported back to my youth :)

Then went to the Sunday Game Mania ......

Appreciate it's a new exhibition and all - but yes was V disappointed in what was available. Was nice to see the retro games - but think I'd left after 20-30 mins - and most of that was spent on the Pinball tables.

Planning a few other trips to some game shows this year - so will see how they compare. But will definitely be going back to the Arcade Club !!
DPrinny View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DPrinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2017 at 11:52am
They had two guys bringing stuff pull out, so the selection became limited to what two guys could bring, some machines just didnt work and the guy in charge of looking after them wasn't there most the time (then said person goes off on a rant on Facebook about it), he also brought things that wernt tested and went off on one because some of his machine had to be moved due to spacing issues (This aint his event, dont make things so cramped)

If there is a next year, the runner will be looking for people willing to lend some cabs and not use the same guy 
Also tickets will be cheaper
And have less iffy machines

For a first one it went mostly ok from a crew point, tons of things to improve, 
TNOG.ORG - Games nights in Manchester
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic