Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade Technical and Restoration > Repair Logs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dino King Jamma Conversion Stuff

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2017 at 12:56pm
Bit of deja vu here. Last night I did the service panel mod on the cab that didn't have it.
A little extra work just sorting out that earth clip connector on my self-made mdf lower shelf (the other one already had the Sega made lower shelf in it that already had the cut outs and bolt mounts).

But all worked out fine, so I now have two cabs with matching internals, and full game boards on the top shelf in each Thumbs Up

Edited by Flinnster - 17 February 2017 at 2:37pm
Wanted:
- Sega Astro City / Blast City / Naomi / New Net City Cab
- House Extension
https://mameart.wordpress.com/
Tronads View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tronads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2017 at 7:24am
Look sweet. Must get round to doing something with mine. Still no control panel :-(
Pacman - 3,131,650
Donkey Kong - 389,000
pulstar View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pulstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2017 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Tronads Tronads wrote:

Look sweet. Must get round to doing something with mine. Still no control panel :-(

Have you got FrancoB's CAD files for the panels? I had one made for my Dinoking last year from the files (but only had one made unfortunately) and it came out perfect. Might be faster than waiting for a group buy or someone to pop up with one for sale.
muddymusic View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Official Porchy fan club member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2017 at 4:28pm
I think I might have a spare Franco panel I could sort you out with Tronads, I'll see if I can find them this week.
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
Tronads View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tronads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2017 at 7:56pm
That would be awesome. Thanks.

Pacman - 3,131,650
Donkey Kong - 389,000
Flinnster View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2017 at 11:22am
Originally posted by pulstar pulstar wrote:

Originally posted by Tronads Tronads wrote:

Have you got FrancoB's CAD files for the panels? I had one made for my Dinoking last year from the files (but only had one made unfortunately) and it came out perfect. Might be faster than waiting for a group buy or someone to pop up with one for sale.

Sounds like you are close to getting your project back on track Tonads Smile

How much did it set you back to just have a single one made Pulstar? I have one plexi CP and one metal panel, so to do the outside artwork properly I'm still interested in getting another metal one, plus making up a 2L8B for at least one of my cabs for the 2 player stuff Smile

Wanted:
- House Extension
pulstar View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pulstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2017 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by Flinnster Flinnster wrote:

How much did it set you back to just have a single one made Pulstar? I have one plexi CP and one metal panel, so to do the outside artwork properly I'm still interested in getting another metal one, plus making up a 2L8B for at least one of my cabs for the 2 player stuff Smile

I'll need to dig out my invoice to be completely sure, but it was no more than £45 inc. VAT. I thought it was decent deal for just a single plate, some companies were quoting me £120 + VAT. 
Flinnster View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2017 at 7:43pm

I'll need to dig out my invoice to be completely sure, but it was no more than £45 inc. VAT. I thought it was decent deal for just a single plate, some companies were quoting me £120 + VAT. 

That would certainly be appreciated! Might end up going to the very same place! Smile
Wanted:
- House Extension
Tronads View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tronads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2017 at 12:34pm
It sure would be useful to find somewhere online that could accept the cad file and laser cut everything on 5mm orange perspex and deliver for a fair price.

I found a decent price perspex supplier who said they could cut to design...I sent them the cad file, which is of course a 1:1 representation of the panel size. They replied to me that they didnt recognise the cad files and could I send a pdf. So I converted it to a pdf, then of course the next thing they came back with was could they have the dimensions.....which of course I couldnt supply.
Pacman - 3,131,650
Donkey Kong - 389,000
pulstar View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pulstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2017 at 3:54pm

That would certainly be appreciated! Might end up going to the very same place! Smile

No probs, will have a dig and find it out. 

The company I went with would post, but postage was an obscene amount so in the end I just went and picked it up off them as it was only a few miles away.
Flinnster View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2017 at 8:32pm
OK sounds good - thanks! If they are not that far from Southampton then I'm sure they are not too far from me too.  Thumbs Up

My plans were to get thin (probably 2mm?) clear pexi to top over the metal CP (so same shape + button layouts). That way I can sandwich custom CP artwork in between.
So I might eventually have my current 1L6B orange plexi going spare once I'm done, Mr T Wink

I also still have a thin clear plexi panel that came with one of the cabs. It has a central joystick hole, and single player button holes on left & right, but nothing underneath for mounting anything on. Not sure yet if I'll be doing anything with it.

Edited by Flinnster - 21 February 2017 at 8:35pm
Wanted:
- House Extension
Bods View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Ninja Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2017 at 10:04am

Coin door bulbs work really nicely (although one failed within a day and went dim.. Chinese quality there Confused).

Job done, very happy both cabs are now coining up properly. Just in time for the royal mint to release the new £1 coin.. gerreeat..

I've been working on a mame machine lately along with other stuff so not been on as much, as trying to spend less time on internet, some will probably say goodLOLEmbarrassed

Anyway this machine i'm doing has SR3 coin mech, but no credit board, so wasn't sure if it was worth the hassle sorting it, just like you said.... with the new coins coming out it's screwing it up for us

As with the older coin mechs you need it reprogramming and there is zero info on them at all, but surprisingly these later ones there are all sorts of info about them and it sayings about teach feature

Check out the Manuals I found

http://slot-tech.com/interesting_stuff/money%20controls/TSP005%20SR3%20Type%201%20TM%20V4[1].2.pdf

http://www.boink.com/Solutions/Secret/Support_Home/load/MechTool.pdf

I haven't read it all or tried it yet and was wondering if you still need some tools to do it but after seeing this too on Geezers site It does look like you can reprogramme them yourself Smile

The Money Controls SR3 model electronic coin mechanisms are self programming (without need for a special programmer) and can accept coins of any denomination.

These units are Top Load/Bottom Reject and are interchangeable with any 4" coin mech models (such as C120, NRI etc).

something we need to try out anyway as i'd like coin mechs working,

About the LED's you bought, I had same issue when I put some in the car, what you find often is the LED is fine, they have resistor inside the plastic holder and they probably fail or many times just come unsoldered, so they can be sorted out

Nice working on the cabs by the way, some nice ideas but

Just starting on my first of the dino cabs I bought, though this is Love n Berry one which will be the other halfs when it's done, gonna be a Jamma/Mame one

WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Marquee. Electrocoin Rampage Marquee
Flinnster View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2017 at 10:20am
Word of warning on the mechtool stuff with the SR3 coin mechs. Be sodding careful Wink
I have a dead one here that now won't read any coins whatsoever (rejects all) because I tried to make it read new 10p's properly (much earlier on in this thread).

You won't need any tools - maybe just a flat jeweler's screwdriver because there is a lot of messing around with dip switches to enter and exit the various programming modes on the SR3 mech.

At the moment my cabs are set to 20p per play. So I may stick to just 20p's and 50ps once they've rolled out the new £1 coins.

If you don't fancy messing with the credit boards, you can just connect the coin wires to the mechanical microswitch at the bottom of the coin mech holder. But then it's just '1 coin = 1 credit'.

An even 'cheaper' way, as I had initially on one cab, is to make cardboard channel from the top to the bottom of the coin mech area that channels any coin into the coin box. Then the mechanical switch does it's thing with no actual coin-mech in place at all. I was happily playing games at 2p per credit this way ;) But of course, you could probably trigger a credit with washers, buttons and god knows what else with this setup!

If you need any panels for your mini-cabs, give me a shout. If we can get a group buy together we may be able to reduce the cost Smile

Edited by Flinnster - 22 February 2017 at 10:26am
Wanted:
- House Extension
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic