Forum Home Forum Home > General Arcade Chat > Players Guides/Walkthroughs and Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Advice wanted: Salamander 2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin_l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice wanted: Salamander 2
    Posted: 24 July 2016 at 11:22am

The first boss you come to seems invincible and backs off.

Later just before you get to the second boss at the end of the first level, you come across the first one again.

He fires things from three different directions and almost always hits me.  

Any advice?  Can I kill him first time or how can I dodge the bullets the second time?

pulstar View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pulstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2016 at 2:11pm
You can't destroy him the first time you see him (when all of the eyes come off him), just shoot him for some extra points.

Can't really help for avoiding the bullets, just try and stay mid-screen and watch the way the bullets are coming. There should be one diagonal shot and some horizontal shots. 

Although that isn't the end of level boss; just avoid the bullets a few times and then it gets eaten by the real end boss of that level, where you need to avoid the worms he spews and watch out for him trying to launch forward at you. Just keep to back of the screen and watch where he's going to launch and you can either stay between his jaws and he'll never get you or dodge him.

Edited by pulstar - 01 August 2016 at 2:13pm
robin_l View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin_l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2016 at 2:20pm

Ah... yeah... okay...   this has been my experience.

So just try and dodge the bullets I suppose.  

pulstar View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pulstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2016 at 2:46pm
Yeah, pretty much. I always stay almost centre of the screen, at the very back. Should give you just enough time and space to see the lasers and dodge them.
felgekarp View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote felgekarp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2016 at 1:20pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIvRffl9Tus

This is on the playstation version so it may not work on the arcade one.
pulstar View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pulstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2016 at 8:32pm
Weird. On the PS1 version the first part of the level 1 boss is tiny and fires no lasers whatsoever. Much easier than the arcade version for some reason...at least on loop 1. On loop 2 he is the normal size of the arcade version but fires more lasers.

Edited by pulstar - 02 August 2016 at 8:33pm
DaveSpicer View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveSpicer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2016 at 11:44pm
The PS and arcade versions are the same.  The baby version of the mid-level boss appears if you've already killed the larger one.

pulstar View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pulstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2016 at 9:37am
All the time I played it, I tried to kill him and couldn't, but it is possible. I'll have to try that out nowSmile.
Smraedis View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smraedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2016 at 10:26am
To do it, you have to lay at least one option over the enemy, and using autofire helps a great deal too, I used to get it about every 2 out of 3 tries.
.SM on YouTube     
robin_l View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin_l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2016 at 7:16pm

By the time I get to him, I've only got one option and I can't get close enough to do that. 

Don't know what difficulty setting I've got the board set on.

robin_l View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin_l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2017 at 7:30pm
I have a tactic.  Fly right up to him, then up, above him and to the right.  Wait a second or so, then back left and by this time the big snakey thing comes along to crunch him up.  
Nawa oh!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic