Forum Home Forum Home > General Arcade Chat > Arcade Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lost and Found - Tamworth.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rog69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lost and Found - Tamworth.
    Posted: 01 June 2016 at 11:13am
Lost and found is part of the Namco Funscape at Strykers bowling ally in Tamworth. It is a separate retro arcade with an admission fee, it was supposed to be a tenner for me and a fiver for my ten year old, but they only charged me a tenner in total for the both of us! Once inside all the machines are on free play.

They have a few classic machines -

Centipede.
Asteroids.
Defender.
Avalanche (never seen this in the wild before!).
Carnival.
Super Breakout.
SCI (was OOO).

There are 3 twin drivers-

Mario Cart.
Daytona 2.
Outrun 2 SP.

There as a handful of 90's & more recent machines too-

Time Crisis.
Point Blank.
One of the SF series and a couple of other fighters too (sorry I didn't pay much attention these).
One of those Namco Pac man Party Multigame machines.
Space invaders / Qix anniversary.
18 Wheeler.
Crazy Taxi.
Confidential mission.

They have a couple of pins, A lethal Weapon 3 and a Bally Medusa (that was OOO).

There is also a bar where you can order soft drinks and snacks and they have a couple of ping pong tables. All of the machines were in great condition and played well, whoever is maintaining the machines is doing a terrific job. You get a wrist band on entry so you can come and go from the retro section and use the rest of the bowling alley too. All in all it was pretty good, we had a fun three hours in there and will be going back.

roadwarrior94 View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roadwarrior94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2016 at 4:08pm
Do you know opening hours?
Rog69 View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rog69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2016 at 9:37pm
I am pretty sure it is the same as the bowling alley, 10 AM to 11 PM but it might be a good idea to check in advance because I think people can hire it out for parties.

The phone number is 01827 68448
terminator2k2 View Drop Down
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terminator2k2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2016 at 9:50pm
ive been wanting to go here for a bit and only about 5 miles away lol....everytime i bring it up the missus says i only want to go to the bowling alley to play in the arcade all day lol
damagestar View Drop Down
Patreon
Patreon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damagestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2016 at 9:55pm
Cool! Was it busy?
Rog69 View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rog69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2016 at 10:09pm
It wasn't all that busy to begin with, there can't have been more than ten of us in there when we first arrived, but there were a few people drifting in and out.  It was starting to fill up a bit more when we left though.

Edited by Rog69 - 02 June 2016 at 7:41am
digweed View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2016 at 6:35am
That's a bargain for 3 hours entertainment
Wanted: Lordsvale or Neo Geo themed cab
subzero View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subzero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2016 at 10:33am
took me 30 mins to work out what OOO meant lol
giantkeeling View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giantkeeling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2016 at 11:27am
I've been to The Lost and Found. What a terrible name for an arcade! It's pretty good, certainly worth a fiver, although when i went Asteroids wasn't working, and neither was the Lethal Weapon pinball. I spent almost all my time there playing Defender! As far as i remember, it's only open fridays, saturdays, and sundays. I would think they open every day during school holidays though.
AngryLeaf View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngryLeaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2017 at 4:44pm
I've been twice now in the last 6 months.  

Whoever's been tasked with servicing these days isn't doing such a good job!

Both visits had the same issues:
Time Crisis - not working (test screen permanently showing an error
Mario Kart - one player has a broken power-up button
Street Fighter and Tekken 6 - one has missing buttons, another had a couple of buttons that stick.
Outrun - one has a faulty CRT meaning colours are intermittently wrong.
Neither pinball table working.

A shame, because a little TLC it would make a big difference.
giantkeeling View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giantkeeling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2017 at 4:55pm
The Lost and Found has now closed down as of a couple of weeks ago. I asked if they would be selling their machines, and was told that they would be redistributed amongst other Namco Station Bowling Alleys.
jib View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2017 at 8:27am
Never even made it down there, i'm only a few miles away aswell and had been planning to go since finding out about it afew months ago.

alexbleubolt View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexbleubolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2017 at 9:21am
looser
Tronads View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tronads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2017 at 7:32pm
A tenner is an absolute rip off compared to what you get for a tenner at Arcade Club, which is well drive-able from Tamworth
Pacman - 3,131,650
Donkey Kong - 389,000
Rog69 View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rog69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2017 at 9:15am
It didn't even remotely compare to Arcade Club but it was nice to have on my doorstep and I will be sorry to see it go. It's a shame to hear the they let it go to seed towards the end though.

Hopefully Tamworth will retain some of the machines for their main arcade, I would be happy to drop in and sink a few quid in there if they do. The main arcade area there is full of modern crap and pretty uninteresting as it is.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic