Forum Home Forum Home > Arcade Technical and Restoration > Tech, Maintenance & Repairs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pandoras box 4 hacking

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 767778
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
redneck eyeball View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneck eyeball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 32 minutes ago at 11:28am
Originally posted by Akira84 Akira84 wrote:

It's definitely a new added layer of protection. Possibly has some thing to do with the added files in the 986 image.
For fun I took the games list from the 815 pb4x image and put it in my 800 image by hex editing the lib.so files. And it worked and I can now play the 815 image in full screen by vga.
So my method worked.

Akira, are you willing to share this image ?
I don't think we have an image yet with 815 games that works full screen.
Especially if your version has sound in Galaga !

Thanks !
redneck eyeball View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redneck eyeball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 6 minutes ago at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Akira84<br>I did not notice the brightness issue, but looking at the file system there is a file called writeregforbrighter I think it was in the usr\emu folder.   <br>

[/QUOTE Akira84
I did not notice the brightness issue, but looking at the file system there is a file called writeregforbrighter I think it was in the usr\emu folder.  
[/QUOTE wrote:

Just changing the name to donotwriteregforbrighter fixed it Tongue
I've got my L card hooked up to a CGA

Just changing the name to donotwriteregforbrighter fixed it Tongue
I've got my L card hooked up to a CGA to VGA board. That VGA output goes to a VGA to S-Video output, that goes to the scart of the TV CRT monitor.

I've been trying to figure out how to change the selected emu to xmame.
From what I understood from Asure, the byte to change is 8 previous to the next name of the game.
So for Galaga, check at the end, where moonal is, go 8 chars back. That is the emu. Is originally set to 01, change it to 05

But unfortunately ... I can't get it to work. What am I doing wrong ?
I really want to get the sound working correctly in games like Galaga.
Once I can get xmame working I want to look into getting the bezels to show.
That should work with xmame. The settings exist and I've got the artwork collection.

And I can remember you got that sound working, but I sort of lost track of which image is your latest ...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 767778
  Share Topic