Forum Home Forum Home > General Arcade Chat > M.A.M.E
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Emulation on PI

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415
Author
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chunksin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2017 at 4:43pm
I'm working on a dedicated AttractMode setup over the top of Retropie, similar to Floobs image. I've got as far as building the master list with all the metadata in there for filters so you can just drop a ROM into the emulators folder and build your display however you like on top. I grabbed the reference sets from archive.org, if you're running the latest FBA you need the .40 romset based on name 0178/0179.

I think my approach is easier in the long run, if you're filtering games in romlister this shifts that work into the frontend and you can drop a whole romset onto your card and filter out what you don't want, clones, mahjong etc. in your displays no matter which emulator you prefer for a game. As for a recommended emulator list per game that's way off, do you know of anyone starting one?

I'm still working on my image but will make it available for download soon. I use a smaller 16GB card and redirect my ROM folders onto a USB stick, just makes it easier to transfer from a Windows PC.
venom View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2017 at 4:59pm
Great let me know when ready as would be interested. Never thought of whacking roms on USB be a lot bloody easier.

Its easier to mess around with Noobs and small cards.

The only thing I found with some images is you cant navigate without a controller which is a pain.

I have CEC so I can boot KODI and use TV control to get to films, without having to have a wired Xbox controller attached.  OR I can  use my tv controller  to move the mouse to then boot recall box and whack my controllers in. 

This saves having my controllers in all the time. 

I have loads of spare USB sticks let me know how you get on be interested in having a nosey. I never really got into setting up attract mode.  Although I have it in my cabinet 2human did all the hard work !! 

Currently on mine I have full sets of negeo, snes, sega, mame 2003 , FBA and some Playstation stuff. I got rid of all the hand helds.

I assume from attract mode I could filter by players somehow. That is only pain with recalbox it is not very configurable. I tend to have the 3 player games just favorited for now.

Cheers

Owner Supreme video, a Woodie and Thunderbirds pachislo.
digweed View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2017 at 7:31am
Originally posted by chunksin chunksin wrote:

Hi all,

Not sure if anyone will be interested but I've produced a unified master rom list for AttractMode based on mame2003, advancemame, mame2010 and FBA. If you copy it into your romlist folder and enable a filter FileIsAvailable=1 you can drop your various roms into your folders and they appear automatically without having to generate XML from the menu and they launch with the correct emulator so you can have a single MAME display running your preferred versions of your games. I've also updated the basic theme to include the emulator name if you fancy comparing how a game runs in each version.

I'll upload the file and theme later on and link it back here.

cheers,
Rich

I would be interested in trying it out mate! Smile
Wanted: Lordsvale or Neo Geo themed cab
AngryLeaf View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngryLeaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2017 at 10:42am
I've never really got on with the Pi, I found it too much fiddling if I wanted to get away from the standard retropie look.  For my current cabinet I'm running MAME (and a SNES, MD and PCE emulator) on W7 with Attract Mode.  However if this could be almost a drop-in replacement, then I'm definitely interested too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415
  Share Topic