Forum Home Forum Home > General Arcade Chat > Players Guides/Walkthroughs and Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sega Rally 1 (Arcade) Course Lengths

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2huwman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sega Rally 1 (Arcade) Course Lengths
    Posted: 19 February 2016 at 9:03pm
I noticed a while back on model 2 emulator that you can have either 1 lap or 5 lap stages in the sega rally 'championship' races. They correspond to 'normal' or 'longest' in the config menu. There is also a 'long' setting, which I would have thought would be 3 laps, but it's also just 1. 

I thought it was a bug in the emulator, but now that I've got an actual sega rally twin, it seems that's just how the game is!

Has anyone managed to get 3 lap stages in championship mode, or is it really just 1 or 5?

Edit: just realised the 'long' setting changes the length of the time trial, but not championship.

Edited by 2huwman - 24 March 2016 at 9:46pm
Message me if you need a JAMMA Cab-ready 15Khz MAME PC!
Shekel View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shekel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2016 at 8:05pm
Sega Rally 2 has an game model called Special which is 3 laps per course instead of 1, but I can't find anything like that for Sega Rally..
2huwman View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2huwman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2016 at 9:48pm
Yeah, I haven't found any way to set it to 3 laps either. It might be possible to hack the model 2 emulator version so that it does 3 laps, but I guess all the opposition cars would have to be replaced and the time limits changed too. 

Edited by 2huwman - 24 March 2016 at 9:56pm
Message me if you need a JAMMA Cab-ready 15Khz MAME PC!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic