Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Member Services
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Monstermug's AV Famicom RGB Modding Service

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monstermug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Monstermug's AV Famicom RGB Modding Service
    Posted: 12 February 2016 at 9:11pm
I am opening this service on a permanent basis. 

Benefits of the mods are:

• Crystal clear RGB clarity for your Famicom games
  • Everdrive compatibility
  • No holes drilled, no extreme modifications to the existing unit.  Can be all returned back to stock if you so wish too.
  • Clean as a whistle installation
  • 30 days warranty
  • Orders arriving before 1pm will be shipped out next day.
Cost of each unit is £50 + PP (providing you provide the NESRGB Kits)(Make sure it is the AV FAmicom Kits which cost a little more than the others!)

I am able to do Front Loading NES too but I do recommend you get a AV Famicom as they are so much more reliable and also they are a pain in the neck to do.  Also they do 60hz shizzle so no borders! 

How it is done?

First remove the PPU chip:

Assemble the RGB kit together in the right order.  Get this stage wrong and it's bye bye $99.

Then install RGB kit on top:

Then enjoy:

Sounds easy?  It's a lot harder than it looks.  Save yourself the burnt fingers and misery.  I've seen so many failed attempts so rather than making a mess let me do it for you.

Note:  I don't have time to fix failed attempts anymore so please no pm's about it.

Edited by Monstermug - 17 March 2017 at 7:36pm
Nukem View Drop Down
Admin
Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nukem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2017 at 12:32pm
You still doing this mate?

Please update :)
Buy & Sell retro (and modern) games & consoles? Join us --> Click Here
Monstermug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monstermug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2017 at 7:35pm
Updated buddy.  Forgot I even posted this up haha
denson View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 1:48pm
Hi there,

I'd be interested in having this done to my Famicom AV , but looking at the kit, it comes with a horrid toggle switch that is mounted to the casing... is there a way to mount it (or an alternative switch?) somewhere that doesn't involve alteration to the shell?

Cheers,

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monstermug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by denson denson wrote:

Hi there,

I'd be interested in having this done to my Famicom AV , but looking at the kit, it comes with a horrid toggle switch that is mounted to the casing... is there a way to mount it (or an alternative switch?) somewhere that doesn't involve alteration to the shell?

Cheers,

I don't use the switch on my personal one.  I just set it on default and think it looks great.  I agree, I think it's horrid but there is a tiny switch I have installed in the past that fits on the air vent at the back of the unit.  It looks like a tiny dip switch and the leg pitching is perfect for resting on one of the tiny grilles.    
denson View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 10:54am
Thanks for the quick reply.

Ah ok, so it kind of sits poking out, but (not that I suppose for one minute I ever will) could be removed and no evidence of it having been there would be seen?

After a quick Google I think I have found a picture of what you mean, looks pretty neat! There is also a guy has mounted a switch in the cartridge slot opening!

I think I'll get a board ordered then, and pm you once it arrives to arrange fitting if that's ok.

Cheers,

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monstermug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 11:58am
All my mods are fully reversible leaving the console 100% factory fresh.  That's one of the reasons why I have reservations about modding the Front loader.  I have actually gone out of my way before and used a French front loader with the proprietary av out to run RGB lines down instead, leaving the console case untouched.

The switch does stick out at the back but it's quite low profile and it's hardly noticeable, being at the back.  The switch in the cartridge compartments needs a hole drilled which is why I don't put it there. 

Sure just send me a pm when you want it done.  Don't forget to order the AV famicom kit with the adapter.

gojira54 View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gojira54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 11:59am
Like this right? ;)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monstermug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 11:59am
Here is the Front loader mod I mentioned.  A headace but well worth it imo!

Had a few hours spare time today so I thought I work on a friend's nes.  Thought I share the results.

1. I removed PPU Chip.  Nice and clean =)

2. Installed a socket and mounted the NESRGB board.

3.  Soldered it into place

4. Next job to wire it all up according to Tim's wiring diagram.

5.  Put it all back together.  Look no wires 

6.  Complete with multi out.  Looks factory??

That's because it is 

Finished Product.  No damaged to the NES in anyway.  Can be put back to factory at any time.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monstermug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by gojira54 gojira54 wrote:

Like this right? ;)

That's it.  Still got that spare switch from when you showed me this trick Wink
swisstoni View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swisstoni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 4:43pm
Hi mate your inbox is full!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic