Forum Home Forum Home > General Arcade Chat > Arcade Reports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Arcadeclub.co.uk - in Bury, Manchester

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arcadeclub.co.uk - in Bury, Manchester
    Posted: 30 December 2015 at 12:26pm
Hi,

I went there on the 27th December for the second time and this is a really fantastic place. £10 to get in for adults then everything is freeplay. They have my favourites Black Widow, Tempest, Asteroids and of course Outrun 2. Brilliant place and Andy who runs it is a great guy. 

Just about 1 mile off junction 2 on the M66. 

Cheers

Mark
big10p View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2015 at 12:44pm
Yeah, thanks for rubbing it in to us folk who live WAY down south. LOL
Mark H View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2015 at 2:09pm
This is why I moved "up-north" !!??

Games I played when I was there : Space Invaders, Galaga, PacMan, Phoenix, Sunset Riders, Robotron, Donkey Kong, Truxton 2 (Toaplan), Burgertime, 1942, Time Crisis, 18 Wheeler, Sega Indy 500 (great game), Asteroids, Battlezone, Centipede, Defender, Scramble, Tempest, Black Widow. Oh and they also have a great selection of pinballs...
ben76 View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Official Porchy fan club member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ben76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2015 at 2:35pm
That's where my old spy hunter now lives :)

Not been to the Bury one yet as waiting on some southerners to make the trip up to the north-west... Home of the arcades ;)

- Ben
I Porchy
abaxas View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abaxas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2015 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by big10p big10p wrote:

Don't worry you are not missing out :P

There is only about 200 machines on freeplay, 15-20 pinball machines, consoles, bar area and who is interested in playing a proper delux outrun? Answer, no one.

Also, it's probably the best stocked/maintained arcade outside of Japan and the States. Who would actually want to go to that.... I guess no-one

Finally, it's a bit of a shame that parking is free, cans of pop are 50p and the staff are friendly (even Tony).

It all sounds a bit crap to me ! Best avoided :P

TonyElyod View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
*badum-tish*

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyElyod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2015 at 3:39pm
....and the Jokes are FREE too...!!Big smile

GAME ON.................................Thumbs Up
SIDNEY SAYS RELAX
lhantz View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhantz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2015 at 4:20pm
I am going to 'pay' a visit with a friend soon, looks impressive
Wanted - Nice Electrocoin Goliath
RygarR View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RygarR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2015 at 10:07pm
Only 200 machines on freeplay!?! Outrageous! And they call themselves an arcade!
Das-Muel View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Das-Muel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2015 at 10:55pm
I didn't realise they'd moved already. I'm only half an hour away now. I'll have to get up there soon. Is there a full list of the machines they've got available? The one on the website looks a lot shorter than 200.
Wanted: Shadow Dancer, Golden Axe, Alien Storm PCBs
strykr View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Dragooooooo!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strykr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2015 at 12:48am
Originally posted by RygarR RygarR wrote:

Only 200 machines on freeplay!?! Outrageous! And they call themselves an arcade!

LOL Imagine trying to  get 200 20 year old coin mechs working flawlessly AngryNuke
Wanted - Electrocoin Wheels Runner Cabinet http://tinyurl.com/oq6dkau
Badlands & Champ sprint TG mame WR holder
digweed View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2015 at 6:30am

I know everything is way up north but isn't there somewhere here in the South that does something similar? My memory is depleting day by day Cry

Edited by Retroman - 31 December 2015 at 6:32am
Wanted: Lordsvale or Neo Geo themed cab
Scotty Dogg View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Dogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2015 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Retroman Retroman wrote:

I know everything is way up north but isn't there somewhere here in the South that does something similar? My memory is depleting day by day Cry

Hey there are two that come to mind actually.

One is the HOG - Heart Of Gaming - In London
Heart Of Gaming

And the other is much closer to us!

Timewarp Arcade in Bridgewater Somerset
Timewarp Facebook
Timewarp Website

I have been to Timewarp a couple of times and cannot recommend it more! well worth a visit, plenty of games and it has that proper old arcade feel (at least how i remember it in the ninties anyway)

Here is the forum thread for Timewarp

Edited by Scotty Dogg - 31 December 2015 at 10:20am
abaxas View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abaxas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2015 at 11:29am
TBH I'm 2 hours away and I still go at least once a month. If you like arcades, you simply have to go.

What gets me is the number of kids who seam to love it. I would have thought AC would always be full of slightly balding middled aged men. But no, nowt as great as seeing two 9 year old girls playing smash tv shouting 'kill him, kill him' when trying to beat mutiod man! Just like it used to be, back in the day.

Arcade club is an arcade not just a place to play video games. That is what makes it so good.
big10p View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2015 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by abaxas abaxas wrote:

TBH I'm 2 hours away and I still go at least once a month. If you like arcades, you simply have to go.

What gets me is the number of kids who seam to love it. I would have thought AC would always be full of slightly balding middled aged men. But no, nowt as great as seeing two 9 year old girls playing smash tv shouting 'kill him, kill him' when trying to beat mutiod man! Just like it used to be, back in the day.

Arcade club is an arcade not just a place to play video games. That is what makes it so good.
That's really good to hear. I will have to make a pilgrimage, one day. Smile
Fantazia2 View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fantazia2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2015 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by Das-Muel Das-Muel wrote:

I didn't realise they'd moved already. I'm only half an hour away now. I'll have to get up there soon. Is there a full list of the machines they've got available? The one on the website looks a lot shorter than 200.

I think I saw a facebook post the other day saying the websites going to be updated at some point.

Heres a video from November, they've added a few more since then, including Tapper, 18 wheeler, crazy taxi (Wasn't working last time I was there).

Mark H View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2016 at 12:01pm
My daughter who is 10 loved the Sega 18 Wheeler game and the Sega Indy 500 game. My son who is 8 liked the Centipede & Galaga games. I suppose they don't see these type of games on their Xbox 360 or Wii !!??

All the best for 2016.

Cheers

Mark
Del Griffith View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del Griffith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2016 at 5:04pm
We went just after it moved to Bury and it's definately worth the trek, Some surprising games there, Buggy boy for one Thumbs Up 
Del Griffith View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del Griffith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2016 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by abaxas abaxas wrote:

What gets me is the number of kids who seam to love it. I would have thought AC would always be full of slightly balding middled aged men. But no, nowt as great as seeing two 9 year old girls playing smash tv shouting 'kill him, kill him' when trying to beat mutiod man! Just like it used to be, back in the day 

It's surprising how much young kids do like the old games, When my cousins bring their kids round to mine they just can't get enough of op wolf! Infact they usually play it until the gun packs in and i have to call time, Nice to see them being enjoyed by the new youth tbh

Edited by Del Griffith - 01 January 2016 at 5:10pm
Mark H View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2016 at 8:08pm
Hi - I went again on lat Saturday afternoon; some of the games I played were :

Time Crisis - a classic with the pedal to duck down!
Sunset Riders - not seen this for a long time...a western by Konami...!
Phoenix - a must for vertical shoot 'em up fans...
Outrun 2 - what a great game (I play this loads on my Xbox 360 !!!)
Battle Zone - the full stand up cabinet & surprising addictive after you get used to the twin stick controls!
Scramble - love this - still difficult today !
Star Wars - sit down cockpit - what can I say brilliant (they also have a stand-up one)!!!
PacMan - cabaret - lovely condition & great to play this again after a few years !

Then I ran out of time...and had to head home in the sleet & snow !

Cheers

Mark
RygarR View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RygarR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2016 at 10:10pm
Mega jealous of this Dude. I'm looking at a 9 hour return trip if the traffic is good :-(
One day though...

Originally posted by Mark H Mark H wrote:

Hi - I went again on lat Saturday afternoon; some of the games I played were :

Time Crisis - a classic with the pedal to duck down!
Sunset Riders - not seen this for a long time...a western by Konami...!
Phoenix - a must for vertical shoot 'em up fans...
Outrun 2 - what a great game (I play this loads on my Xbox 360 !!!)
Battle Zone - the full stand up cabinet & surprising addictive after you get used to the twin stick controls!
Scramble - love this - still difficult today !
Star Wars - sit down cockpit - what can I say brilliant (they also have a stand-up one)!!!
PacMan - cabaret - lovely condition & great to play this again after a few years !

Then I ran out of time...and had to head home in the sleet & snow !

Cheers

Mark
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic