Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Member Services
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2huwman's MAME PCs - JAMMA Cab Ready!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
2huwman View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote 2huwman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2huwman's MAME PCs - JAMMA Cab Ready!
    Posted: 20 May 2015 at 9:40am
SERVICE OFFERED

Arcade Cabinet PCs that are plug and play for your JAMMA cab. 

Capable of outputting native 15khz arcade monitor resolutions so you get perfect resolutions and refresh rates for every game. No screen tearing or image scaling. Also compatible with multisync monitors, or even LCDs.

Options:

MiniKAB 1: Ideal for standard JAMMA cabs with 15khz screens and 12v/2.5A (or greater) power supplies. This has the lowest power draw of any of my PCs. 

It's completely powered from the JAMMA edge connector, just like a real PCB! 

Truly plug and play. No additional power supply needed*. Based on a low voltage multi-core CPU that can handle most of the games you will need (e.g. CPS 1 & 2, NeoGeo, Sega System 16, and 8 bit games). 

All new components (except for the GPU), including a JPAC and picoPSU. Based on a MiniITX mobo (17cmx17cm). Overclocked to extract maximum performance. Pass-through/breakout connector by FrancoB!

Boots straight into a games list when you turn your cab on, and just switch off your cab when you're finished. No need to shut down. Like a multiboard, but better! 

*Please make sure your cab's power supply has at least 2.5 amps on the 12v (most have this or more), and that your 12v line actually outputs 12v (otherwise the PC might not boot). Power ratings are usually written on the PSU itself. 

Demo video:

http://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-hPkD3ZdnKOd0RvdUg5UHN4X1U/view?usp=sharing

£285 posted UK (including Royal Mail Special Delivery)

MiniKAB 2: Intel Pentium G3258 (Socket LGA1150 3.2GHz+, Pentium Anniversary, overclockable) based MicroATX systems: 

The most powerful option. Very capable CPUs for MAME. Handles a lot of more demanding 2D or polygon-based 3D games very well (e.g. newer CAVE shooters, Tekken 3, etc). This one should not be powered from the JAMMA edge connector, and requires the included laptop-style power brick. 

£319 inc. postage for a complete setup (less if you already have a JPAC or PSU). 

MiniKAB Pi **NEW**

Something a bit different - this one is based on a Raspberry Pi 3. It outputs at 240p (15khz) arcade resolution so looks great on your arcade monitor. 

Like the MiniKAB 1, it's truly 'plug and play'. It's powered by the JAMMA edge connector, and includes a built in audio amp. All video, sound, and controls go through the included JPAC, so all you have to do is plug it into your JAMMA connector and switch on your cab!

Since the power draw of the Raspberry Pi is so low, this one is ideal for use with lower powered JAMMA PSUs which are commonly found in some Candy cabs, like the Astro City.

It's powerful enough to support a range of emulators, including MAME4all, advanceMAME, and lots of console emulators. Lots of 8 and 16 bit systems run at full speed, including CPS 1&2, Neo Geo, Sega 16 and similar.

Here it is playing battle bakraid on my Astro City:

link

£205 including Royal Mail Special Delivery.

Shipping: Royal Mail, as detailed above. International postage available, but please ask for a quote.

Please note: I am not selling ROMs. However, if you buy any of the above hardware from me, I will help you to set up your emulators and game lists. 

Contact details:

Message 2huwman on this forum. I will respond quickly!

Edited by 2huwman - 13 August 2017 at 10:22am
Message me if you need a JAMMA Cab-ready 15Khz MAME PC!
muddymusic View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Official Porchy fan club member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2015 at 10:30am
I just got mine, and spent 2 hours solid playing it. I've been waiting a long time for a mame system like this and covers all the things I wanted...It's tiny, powered ENTIRELY from the edge connector. Sound also comes from the edge connector so no external speakers or amp (it's all on board), runs 15k out of the box, and has a lovely clean and simple front end. No extra buttons needed, no messing about. Literally just plug it in the same as a jamma board and turn on the cab.

The picture is bang on, and the games play beautifully with no screen tearing - which was something I've always hated about mame. It's a micro mobo running Linux, and there's no shut down needed, just turn it off when done. Whole thing boots ready in 10-20 seconds. Awesome.

It's not powerful enough to run some stuff, but my faves list of around 40 games are all spot on.

Has the bonus of running some console stuff, Sonic 2 looks and plays beautifully on a cab!

Progear demo

Ghouls n Ghosts demo

Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
digweed View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 9:43am
Hi, sorry to ask you but what is that part that connects the jpac to another jamma connection? The part that has 'Parts Side' Blingstix?
Wanted: Lordsvale or Neo Geo themed cab
2huwman View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 2huwman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 10:14am
That's one of FrancoB's excellent passthrough connectors!
digweed View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 10:16am
Originally posted by 2huwman 2huwman wrote:

That's one of FrancoB's excellent passthrough connectors!

Thanks for the answer, I really need one for myself. Do you have any available? I also need a jpac if possible as mine is a gonna! Screen keeps flicking Cry
2huwman View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 2huwman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 10:19am
Best to message Franco with your requirements. You can message me if you need more details about the complete builds. 
digweed View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2015 at 10:23am
I will do thanks for your advice and help. Clap
Packatrix View Drop Down
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Packatrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2015 at 1:57pm
Received my setup late last week - worked straight out of the box, so to speak. Everything running incredibly well, tiny footprint.

Chuffed to bits - will most likely order a second for my other machine. :)

Pony MK III 25, Sega Aero Table, looking looking for another Pony and an Aero Table speaker speaker pod. (Hah!)
kirby2000 View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirby2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2015 at 11:57am
Received my unit today.

I got a slightly higher spec machine (core2duo) with an external power supply and it plays everything brilliantly.

It runs just like a multi-rom board, except everything runs at full speed.

Great service from Richard as well, he was happy to discuss options and even tested out some of the games on different processors to see how they played.

Top class service.

mr_ppp View Drop Down
Patreon
Patreon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr_ppp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2015 at 12:08pm
Just wanted to say thanks for the older microatx board, working nicely with my xp setup - amazing for the first ever time with an xp install I was able to swap the hard drive in to a completely different motherboard and it didnt bsod on bootup Big smile

Love the fact it uses laptop components - plenty of upgrades available in my spares pile! LOL
dotacon View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dotacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2015 at 12:31pm
MP incoming in 3...2...
blackie63 View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackie63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2015 at 12:47pm
are these able to run through a 31khz naomi system  ?Smile
Beware the sheeple the lovers of the all powerful all knowing nanny state !
2huwman View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2huwman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2015 at 8:31am
Originally posted by blackie63 blackie63 wrote:

are these able to run through a 31khz naomi system  ?Smile

Yup, 31k is fine. 
stormtrooperpaul View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stormtrooperpaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2015 at 11:11am
what's the fastest low voltage cpu you can integrate into these that are powered by the Jamma edge not requiring the separate psu ? some of the latest laptop cpus are right up there with the performance of desktop cpus and just wondered how high you can take the performance of a jamma edged unit . it's a solution many might opt for including myself
wanted ghosts n goblins dedicated cab
2huwman View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2huwman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2015 at 8:31pm
I think some of the Broadwell Core i5s would be a really good power to performance ratio, and run at or below 20w, so should be safe on most PSUs. Which processors were you thinking? 

I suppose it depends on how much people want to spend and what games they want to play. I'm always looking to try out new combos and see if I can come up with anything better, so any suggestions much appreciated.  
2huwman View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2huwman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2015 at 9:03am
I've changed the above options, based on what people are asking for, and as I have less time for customising setups at the moment. 

So there are now only 2 options - MiniKAB 1 (Kick-Ass multi-Board!), which is the low powered one that can be powered through the JAMMA edge connector; and MiniKAB 2, which is much more powerful, but requires a laptop-style power brick. 

Message me if you need anything different, as I may get time, but most people have been interested in one of the above 2. 
gameover View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gameover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2015 at 4:54pm
I got a higher spec unit about a week ago.It has a G3258 processor and Mame,model 2 and 3 emulators which all run fine with no slow down.
I'm running mine through a Naomi cab in 31k
I'm really happy with this system and asked 2huwman lots of questions which he was happy to answer.
A quality item from an awesome member
ngaes View Drop Down
Insert Coin
Insert Coin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ngaes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2015 at 5:37pm
2huwman:

please drop me a PM. Really interested, but can't send PM.

Thanks!
venom View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2015 at 9:28pm
2 human sent you a PM. 

But of a custom build'ish.

Dont need it small or using the miniature power supplies.

Just need it to run cps2 , rtype and wonderboy era type games and have button 4,5,6 off the j-pac.

Also need to be able to easily change to non 15K if I ever replace the 15K monitor.
No rush PM incoming........

Owner Supreme video, a Woodie and Thunderbirds pachislo.
paul View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2015 at 11:30am
I got a mame pc from Richard the higher spec one in the end originally I had gone for a lower spec model,Richard was a pleasure to deal with answering all my questions and testing different games for me,I have it setup in my cab and it plays perfectly all cps3 sfex2 cave etc that I wanted,it's really easy to use looks great and can do some console emulators .
Really glad I got one of these instead of a multiboard.
I can't recommend Richard and his mame pc's highly enough, great guy and a great product .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
  Share Topic