Forum Home Forum Home > Trading Post > Gumtree/Local Press/Other
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Barry Island - Everything must go...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Patreon
Patreon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesoleil70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barry Island - Everything must go...
    Posted: 27 February 2015 at 4:16pm

Saw this online and took the trip down today after work.
I came away with nothing, but that's only because I'm fussy and I have a full room now, but you never know, you gotta go right....whilst I was waiting for the owner to come I popped across to Dimes and played on Addams Family & Dirty Harry pins....and after nearly 30 years of hating on pins (but not playing them), I really enjoyed it, maybe it's an age thing...

Back to the facts...

If you're looking for a Fruit Machine, a Ride On , or Jamma Cabs, could be worth a visit.
They have two premises, which is the main arcade (now closed) and the overflow building in the old pleasure park, I visited both, they are close together and walking distance.

No Pins.

They have about 100 Fruit machines that need to find homes in the next 2 weeks, so I'm sure you can get a deal.

They had 3 massive leisure 2000 jamma cabs, a Wrestlefest stickered Jamma cab, Spiderman stickered Cab, and a few others that looked beat up. A massive Midway cab with more guns that I could count, can't remember the name now.

I enquired on the most beat up one and the girl said £200, but to be honest I wasn't even looking to buy a Jamma cab so I just said the price was half that at the very best. They need to have everything gone before the dozers come anyway, so maybe if you chance it they'll take a tenner - who knows...

So.  No Gorfs, Berzerks etc.
I asked on boards, and they are trying to sell the games complete, but don't know what's inside, so I couldn't go rummaging for a Rainbow Islands/Bubble Bobble / etc etc...but that may change when the clock ticks.
They had other boards, but they looked like fruity ones.

So good luck if you make the trip, head to the seafront, ask in Hyper Value, its the same owners and they'll take you from there.

Please post here if you get anything.

Edited by lesoleil70 - 27 February 2015 at 5:25pm
RIP - www.zaccaria.co.uk
LAW666 View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LAW666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2015 at 5:00pm
Always sad to see another arcade bite the dust :(

Hopefully they can get back a decent amount of cash from the sales.

maskeddev View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maskeddev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2015 at 5:13pm
I want a dedicated WWF Wrestlefest cab. . . but this has come at the worst time, and I don't have transport. Ouch
lesoleil70 View Drop Down
Patreon
Patreon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lesoleil70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2015 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by maskeddev maskeddev wrote:

I want a dedicated WWF Wrestlefest cab. . . but this has come at the worst time, and I don't have transport. Ouch

This wasn't dedicated, just had all the stickers. Just updated my post just in case anyone makes the trip hoping to see something different.

Edited by lesoleil70 - 27 February 2015 at 5:26pm
RIP - www.zaccaria.co.uk
big10p View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big10p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2015 at 7:05pm
So that's where Mr Blobby retired to!
Patreon
Patreon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesoleil70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2015 at 7:29pm
RIP - www.zaccaria.co.uk
DPrinny View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DPrinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2015 at 8:14pm
Ill give them a fiver for the Mr Blooby thing, only to scare the shit outa kids with it
TNOG.ORG - Games nights in Manchester
Sonny_Jim View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonny_Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2015 at 11:09pm
Anyone else slightly unnerved by the titling of some of these, such as

COMPTONS ROLL A WIN 2 PLAYER 10p ARCADE ADDICTIVE CHILDREN FUN MACHINE PLAY GAME

ROULETTE 6 PLAYER 2p BETTING KIDDIE CHILDRENS FUN MACHINE PLAY GAME

I see a couple of Tupenny Nudgers as well, great game!

GameOn View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GameOn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2015 at 12:22am
It states... Needs to be collected by the 20th of Feb, are they selling a time machine too?
bensonrad View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2015 at 1:35pm
If anyone is going and they have some seaside/cafe style signs, like Ice Cream, Coke, Pepsi, that sort of thing, let me know.
Cheers
Ben
Ben
==========================================
WANTED: TAITO SPACE INVADERS PCB, Euro Millipede parts & bezel, Super Pacman Bezel
Patreon
Patreon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesoleil70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2015 at 1:37pm
@Bensonrad If you make contact and ask, and if you see anything you like, I'll go and collect them for you, it's not far from me. Needs to fit in a Clio though ;-)
RIP - www.zaccaria.co.uk
steve View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2015 at 2:19pm
I have been chasing this lot for a couple of weeks but with all the pictures they sent me it looks mainly a lot of junk. Pcbs will only be sold with cabs!!!!

Hope you find something.
Always looking for a bargain!!!
Patreon
Patreon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesoleil70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2015 at 2:41pm
yeah I got the same story with the pcb's.   I can see a big bonfire coming unless they change their tactics.
RIP - www.zaccaria.co.uk
Ex_Mosquito View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ex_Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2015 at 6:25pm
I bought my very first PCB from that arcade in 96' ! Robocop :)
My Arcade 1-Credit Replays
http://www.youtube.com/user/exmosquito
Bods View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Ninja Warrior

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2015 at 5:26pm
at those prices I don't think they'll be selling much
WANTED! Buggy Boy Junior Rear Seat. Continental Circus Cockpit Lower Rear Marquee. Electrocoin Rampage Marquee
kevkev View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevkev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2015 at 6:26pm
Yeah 1990 prices.
Patreon
Patreon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesoleil70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2015 at 10:24pm
uploads/7027/barry.zip

Was sent these lists so you can all see what they have/don't have.

RIP - www.zaccaria.co.uk
Goodwinsplace View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goodwinsplace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 10:22am
Hi All,
Thought I'd bring this post back to life as I find it quite funny how everything had to go in two weeks. And two years later I've just picked up three cabs from here - all with issues but got them for a decent price.
I've been out of Jamma cabs for around 10 years so need to learn a lot again to get them up and running.
Not much left for sale with them other than a few fruit machines and two big Leisure 2000 cabs which are supposed to be picked up soon. There is a Sega board there, Virtua Racing I think.

Edited by Goodwinsplace - 01 May 2017 at 10:23am
bensonrad View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bensonrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 11:00am
Got any pictures of your cabs.  My Outrun and Paperboy both came from an arcade in Barry
Ben
WANTED: TAITO SPACE INVADERS PCB, Euro Millipede parts & bezel, Super Pacman Bezel
Goodwinsplace View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goodwinsplace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 11:13am
Only of them squashed into my garage.

They don't show the massive chunk missing from the Spiderman cab.
I got three boards, moomesa, hypersports and Captain America. All untested.

link

Edited by Goodwinsplace - 01 May 2017 at 12:33pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic