Forum Home Forum Home > General Arcade Chat > Players Guides/Walkthroughs and Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dragon Blaze: Techical Bonus Boss Kills

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ex_Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dragon Blaze: Techical Bonus Boss Kills
    Posted: 22 October 2014 at 10:15am
Here are a few old boss replays that I made in Feb 2005 (god I'm old…) to obtain the "TECHNICAL BONUS" boss kills at full rank. A Technical Bonus is achieved by destroying the first form of a boss and waiting out the 2nd form until the 'Orb" is revealed and then hitting it with a dragon strike (Button 3)

Psikyo games use all the bullet pattern types in the book: Fixed patterns, aimed patterns, aimed/static bullets. Identifying the behaviour of the bosses bullet patterns is vital for a TB, and requiring knowledge of bullet herding and bullet leading as to not kill the bosses too quick before the Orb is revealed.

Pre-YouTube days of webspace hosting videos! :)

My Arcade 1-Credit Replays
http://www.youtube.com/user/exmosquito
Monstermug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monstermug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2014 at 11:29am
Now you just made me wanna buy this pcb Embarrassed
Ex_Mosquito View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ex_Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2014 at 2:30pm
Heh, it's Psikyo's finest imo :)
TechnoFreek View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TechnoFreek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2014 at 3:07pm
Some of those bullet patterns are insane.
Wanted: Nothing Really!
FrancoB View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Plastic Fantastic, Loom Legend.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrancoB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2014 at 3:45pm
Ex_'s skills are insane! Cool

Lee, you're more than welcome to borrow mine if you want to try it out. Thumbs Up
Monstermug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monstermug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2014 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by FrancoB FrancoB wrote:

Ex_'s skills are insane! Cool

Lee, you're more than welcome to borrow mine if you want to try it out. Thumbs Up

That's a very kind offer Franco.  If you could put me down on the list for whenever you get bored of it that would be great Wink

Anything that enters my E2's usually stays there for several months LOL
Casey120 View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Casey120 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2014 at 8:45pm
Mad skills Thumbs Up
I need to dig mine out one day soon, game is absolutely fantastic and deserves to be played more Embarrassed

Davey D View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davey D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2014 at 8:58pm
As above there are some mad skills in that video. I'm loving shmups at the moment but really struggle when there are loads of bullets flying around the screen :-(
Ex_Mosquito View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ex_Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2014 at 10:09pm
This game is overlooked sadly. It sorta got lost in all the Cave madness. Brilliant game if you like a challenge :)

Edited by Ex_Mosquito - 23 October 2014 at 10:09pm
Davey D View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davey D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2014 at 6:15am
Yeah its on my "to get" list along with strikers 1945 III/1999
trev1976 View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trev1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2014 at 6:24pm
Im not to bad at Cave games but Psikyo kicks my butt.. game does look nice though
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic