Forum Home Forum Home > General Arcade Chat > Players Guides/Walkthroughs and Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

let's playtest GORF

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: let's playtest GORF
    Posted: 16 September 2014 at 8:31pm
Finally got my boards to sit properly in the cage, to actually play a game without it crashing after a few levels. What's most annoying is that I have been one shoting the flagship but never got a chance to record this as it kept flaking out on me.

Anyway a quick game after making sure everything is reseated, not bad considering I ain't played it for 30 odd years and the joystick is constantly forcing the ship to move up (need to look at that optic board).

ianski View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2014 at 9:17pm
Nice playing, makes me want to get my Gorf rebuilt and playable.
I actually washed my cages and left them in the hot sun to dry, came out pretty well.
I reckon I'm going to replace both sets of those horrible capacitors on the ram boards that seem to go pop.

Great game, It's all about that cool joystick for me. Had a go on the one at RGP and made it to space colonel - first time ever I believe LOL

Dunno whether you've seen this before, but Todd's reaction to the question of whether he made it to space captain does make me chuckle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agxHqo6Qqyg

Edited by ianski - 16 September 2014 at 9:18pm
BBZ149 View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBZ149 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2014 at 10:04pm
That's just a Opto that needs changing, I did it on mine as it would constantly move Left Stern Smile Had to buy 5 so have one spare if you need it. 

Hurray Banana View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2014 at 7:32pm
kind offer Terry. are you around anytime this weekend? as I only live up blackshots. no time during the week

Cheers eric
BBZ149 View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBZ149 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2014 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by Hurray Banana Hurray Banana wrote:

kind offer Terry. are you around anytime this weekend? as I only live up blackshots. no time during the week

Cheers eric
G, you really are close to me! I'm in Nutberry Avenue LOL PM me your add and ill drop it through your letterbox as i'm of for the next 2 Days m8 Wink

drevans View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
The King of Thunder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drevans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2014 at 9:40pm
Coolio! 

Knew you were excited abut playing this baby!
- Dal -

Rolling Thunder M.A.M.E World Record Holder : 1,023,380
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2014 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by drevans drevans wrote:

Coolio! 

Knew you were excited abut playing this baby!

Yeah finally sat all 6 cards properly Darren, so it stays on without crashing and resetting.

Gotta make some new back doors this weekend and do some other fixes and tidy ups to coin door and I should be good to go can start practising properly, done a couple of one shot flagships tonight while testing some streaming stuff but used to be able to do it way more consistent.

Misses as promised me another cab for Xmas as long as I sort it out cause it's all crap to her, tho she knows I love it. Need to decide what I want and hope one pops up.
pc18 View Drop Down
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pc18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2014 at 10:56am
Great to see another Gorf up and running!

I was quite lucky with my board sets after swapping a few different boards around and burning a couple of chips sorted them pretty good. Then rebuilding the power board, and re pinning the whole loom took a little longer.
I just need to look into the mono sound problem and sometimes on the Galaxian level the ship randomly crashes, not sure what this is though.
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurray Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2014 at 1:07pm
I was getting random crashing when the boards weren't sat properly. something popped on the audio board Friday so need to sort that.

I think I'm going to reflow all the connectors on the cage while I still have it apart. that will be fun
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic