Forum Home Forum Home > General Arcade Chat > Players Guides/Walkthroughs and Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Street Fighter II Thread!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
USA USA!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breaking Dad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2014 at 11:25pm
Ahh....the SNES.....when we got it for that it was a bit of heaven....no more begging mom or dad for quarters (mostly mom.. )....man the sleepovers.....stay up all night till the next morn playing....I lucked out and my room was upstairs....so if I was quiet enough I could stay up till school playing...only managed that a few times....I would usually let out a yell when Bison beat me.... .....busted... .....good 'ol days....gone but not forgotten....!!!.........Joey
I have no more money for pinball machines...!!!....Joey
strykr View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Dragooooooo!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote strykr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2014 at 11:27pm
It was streetfighter 2 or nowt as far as fighting games went, and still is really. I remember that age of arcade gaming before I left it all behind to discover birds booze and travelling, and when i returned all the jamma cabs were gone, replaced with propcycle and other cack.
It was the golden era of jamma, EC duets with final fight, asterix, knights of the round, wwf superstars etc, 3 player EC mercs cabs, turtles and simpsons 4 player,  the last few old arcades still had shinobi, commando, and wonderboy hanging around in older jamma cabs, afterburner, space harrier and outrun deluxe cabinets were still in pride of place, and at 50p but they were'nt getting much play, star wars cockpits were moved to the rear of the arcade, no longer bringing in the money and undoubtedly the monitors were clinging on to bare life!

The only other fighting game i played a bit was fatal fury which was fun, but once the 2 of my four pound pocket money was gone, it was always sf2, make 20p last an hour in two player mode taking on and beating all comers,

Good times :) I must get ggpo installed in the cab, and hope that there are some more players on my level lol, as some of those guys are crazy good!!

Edited by strykr - 07 September 2014 at 11:31pm
Wanted - Electrocoin Wheels Runner Cabinet http://tinyurl.com/oq6dkau
Badlands & Champ sprint TG mame WR holder
BigBadWolf View Drop Down
Forum Patrol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBadWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2014 at 12:15pm
There are players of all levels on ggpo. There is always lots of folk on there, I'm amazed how busy it is. Compared to HDR where you are lucky to get a game some evenings. You need to get yourself hooked up..
JAMMA+
***Sorry.. I have no fcuks left to give!
Sleazy View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2014 at 1:40pm
ah, loves me some Street Fighting goodness. Its the one constant that I'll always have a Street Fighter in one of my cabs.

I wouldnt say I'm great at them either. Played them all I think. I didnt like HDR much, the visuals remind me of a flash game if you know what I mean.

I currently have Street Fighter Zero, SF3: New Generation and SFEX2. I think the EX series doesnt get enough love, they play very well.

I do enjoy other fighters too, mostly the Tekken series as well as Mortal Kombat, Guilty Gear etc but its always SF I return to.

I think my SFA3 is maybe my favourite of the series but I have a real soft spot for the balance and simplicity of Championship Edition.

The SNES and Megadrive versions really are excellent, I too used to suffer the A500 version!
Forum Patrol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBadWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2014 at 11:19pm
Had an enjoyable evening on ggpo there for the first time..- I worked out how to turn the speed up, I've been used to playing at speed 4 (or 3) on HDR so ggpo was way to slow for me..it's better now at speed 3.

How do you eat yours? I roll best on 4.. But I know that doesn't suit everybody!
JAMMA+
keyamon View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keyamon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2014 at 11:24pm
When I got my SSFIIX board it was set to 2 and I've just left it at that.
Forum Patrol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBadWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2014 at 11:30pm
Hmmm.. Speed 2 is still abit shy for me. But at speed one you have time to go walk the dog between moves. Lol..
JAMMA+
Aaron10 View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2015 at 4:33pm
My favourite version is Street fighter 2 Turbo . i just dont understand why Championship edition is played more over turbo , in korea and online Fightcade
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic