Forum Home Forum Home > General Arcade Chat > Players Guides/Walkthroughs and Tips
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - REPLAY:Killer Instinct - Completed + 80-Hit ULTRA
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

REPLAY:Killer Instinct - Completed + 80-Hit ULTRA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ex_Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: REPLAY:Killer Instinct - Completed + 80-Hit ULTRA
    Posted: 09 July 2014 at 11:48pm
Here is a 1cc of Killer Instinct completed with Orchid. There is also an 80-Hit ULTRA combo at the end of the vid.

I used to be a massive fan of this when it first came out in the arcades and I still like to play it now and again, even though I've forgotten alot of what I knew back then.

Edited by Ex_Mosquito - 09 July 2014 at 11:56pm
My Arcade 1-Credit Replays
http://www.youtube.com/user/exmosquito
Sonny_Jim View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonny_Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2014 at 1:50pm
Where's the 80hit ultra?  I thought the most you could do with Orchid was 47?
Ex_Mosquito View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ex_Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2014 at 2:05pm
Heya mate. It's at the end of the vid @11:00.
TechnoFreek View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TechnoFreek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2014 at 2:17pm
Jesus dude, you must have spent a fortune playing all these games back in the day to achieve 1cc status!
Wanted: Nothing Really!
Sonny_Jim View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonny_Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2014 at 4:30pm
Ah you are using a bug.  Which version of KI is?
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ex_Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2014 at 5:27pm
Technofreek: Heh not really. I only got £6.51 (£8 with leaflets!) a week, and I had to buy C&VG with that money as well. Games were cheaper back then remember :) besides, you can learn a lot waiting for your go watching other people play to get to know the enemy placements etc.

Sonny_Jim: Yeah, all the 80's on KI1 are using bugs it seems. I was using version 1.5d. It's really bloody tricky to time at first.
TechnoFreek View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TechnoFreek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2014 at 10:58am
I find your 1cc of fighting games like Killer Instinct the most interesting, for a few reasons.

1) I like the genre despite never being amazing at them
2) Learning how to play the games, the natural, moves, flow and tactics etc is one thing, but often you have to unlearn most of that and play in a counter intuitive manner to defeat spammy and cheap AI characters. The Mortal Kombat series being a prime example

Oh, and I wasn't expecting a surprise cameo from your superhero pants!
Wanted: Nothing Really!
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ex_Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2014 at 11:48pm
Yeah, playing against dumb AI is so different to playing a learning human opponent. As a rule I try not to play 1-on-1 fighters in 1player, I find them pretty boring. In contrast, Super SF2 Turbo in 2 players against an equal or more skilled human opponent is like crack! I swear the game hasn't aged a day in 20 years, in fact I think it has gotten better.
Sonny_Jim View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonny_Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2014 at 12:21am
Get on MAMEHub, Killer Instinct works pretty good and I could do with someone to play against :-)

http://www.mamehub.info/
Aaron10 View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2015 at 4:31pm
very cool to see you recorded this on an actual arcade Machine .  I remember i used to talk to you sometimes in IRC  cornertrap channel like over 10 years ago  

Edited by Aaron10 - 02 October 2015 at 4:45pm
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ex_Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2015 at 12:16am
Heya mate, actually I do remember talking to someone about KI back in the #Cornertrap days :) What was you username again?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic