Forum Home Forum Home > General Arcade Chat > Players Guides/Walkthroughs and Tips
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Replay: Final Fight - Tips & Strategy + Commentary
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Replay: Final Fight - Tips & Strategy + Commentary

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ex_Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Replay: Final Fight - Tips & Strategy + Commentary
    Posted: 23 February 2014 at 6:15am
This is an audio commentary tip and strategy video on my 1cc Final Fight video from last year. It is known as a pretty tough game in the arcades but with a few well applied strategies it's not quite as hard as it looks. Btw, no one in the opening picture at the start is me, honest...

Edited by Ex_Mosquito - 25 February 2014 at 9:00pm
My Arcade 1-Credit Replays
http://www.youtube.com/user/exmosquito
BigBadWolf View Drop Down
Forum Patrol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBadWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2014 at 11:14am
Cool.. I've got a Final Fight pcb that doesn't get enough use. I'll need to get some practice in. I'd try it with Cody.. He's my main man.
JAMMA+
***Sorry.. I have no fcuks left to give!
muddymusic View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Official Porchy fan club member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2014 at 1:11pm
Very good, nice useful commentary. I thought I knew this game pretty well but didn't know the hold-up-throw-invincibility thing. I've noticed you don't use the standard combo of headbut, headbut, throw/piledriver - is there a reason for that?
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
Ex_Mosquito View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ex_Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2014 at 2:20pm
@Shark: Cody is my next favorite character, over only ever used him a couple of times, though. His knife stab is really useful.

@Cheers Muddy ;) I use the headbutt combo on the women section of downtown when there's only one women on the screen at once. I find when if there are multiple enemies on-screen and I do the head butt I'm taking an a risk getting a hit. I find it more efficient going for the normal combo and then just going for the back-breaker or piledrive if there are people nearby.
Jww View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jww Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2014 at 4:56am
Great video tutorial!

I always made a b-line for the long weapons like the drainpipe but notice you don't use them. Guess that's why I always got a hiding :)

Thanks for another wicked video.

Cheers,

Johnny
Black Tiger View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2014 at 7:36am
Thanks for the tutorial Big smile

Going to try this over the weekend.
Xbox Live ID Toecutter1978
Current Black Tiger score 1975700
TechnoFreek View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TechnoFreek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2014 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by Ex_Mosquito Ex_Mosquito wrote:

I use the headbutt combo on the women section of downtown when there's only one women on the screen at once.

Quote of the day!

Started watching this today while on ths bus to work. Very impressive. You make it look easy!
Are you playing on pcb or mame?
Wanted: Nothing Really!
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ex_Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2014 at 5:52pm
@Jww: Cheers :) Yeah, Haggar deals so much damage with his normal attacks the weapons aren't really needed.

@Black Tiger: No worries, I hope it helps :)

@Technofreek: cheers :) It ain't that bad. I did this on my GroovyMame set-up. I have the PCB as well but the colours are buggered and the sound is all muffled. But using GroovyMame + CRT_Emudrivers there is honestly zero difference from playing the PCB. There's none of the usual Mame/Multiboard faults with horrible control lag and dodgy resolution filters with screen-tearing and jumpy sound. Using Groovymame and the custom CRT_Emudrivers there is no screen-tearing, no control lagg and the exact screen resolution and refresh rate as the PCB. It's perfect ;)

Edited by Ex_Mosquito - 25 February 2014 at 9:03pm
trev1976 View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trev1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2014 at 6:14pm
Yes its beautiful
DrGlitch View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrGlitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2014 at 10:46pm
Ex_Mosquito, that's awesome stuff!

I'm a nitwit though...

I've got to 15 mins in but I still don't understand how to do the backbreaker jump that you talk about. It's very cool indeed though, I'd never seen people pulling enemies in to the screen like that!

Can you please explain how you do that leap backwards backbreaker?

WTB: Xain'd Sleena pcb (on its way!), Vendetta 2 player (arrived!), Robocop.
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ex_Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2014 at 11:11pm
Heya, Cheers ;)

Ah, you mean the backsplash that drags enemies in the opposite direction? I called it about 5 different names don't I :/

You have to stagger the direction after pressing jump. For example if you were facing right and you press left+jump at the same time, you'll turn and jump left. What you need to do is stagger the direction, so it would be: jump, pause a little then press backwards, then down and attack together for the splash. You'll get a feel for it after a few tries. It's such a useful move innit! ;)
DrGlitch View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrGlitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2014 at 7:51am
Awesome, thanks I'll give it a go!
It looks so weird.
WTB: Xain'd Sleena pcb (on its way!), Vendetta 2 player (arrived!), Robocop.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic