Forum Home Forum Home > General Arcade Chat > Members Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The 'show us your MVS cab' thread!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Novice grunt herder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fuzzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The 'show us your MVS cab' thread!
    Posted: 18 October 2013 at 11:39am
Fairly self-explanatory thread title.

Got MVS? Post pics and tell us a bit about your cab(s)!

I'll start the ball rolling.

Here's my Electrocoin 'Arcade' 6 slot.

I've wanted an MVS cab for a bit, and really like the US 'big red' cabs. They don't come up for sale in the UK very often, and the few that I have seen have been a bit tatty and overpriced.

This Electrocoin came up on eBay recently, fully working and with a cart, and amazingly I was the only bidder, so I got it for a nice price.

It has a fully-working (honest!) 6 slot, and all the wiring is there for the headphones and memory card reader. It all works as it should, but some of the EL light panels are a bit dim. I've currently disconnected the 6-slot and sat a 1-slot mobo on top of it with a 161-in-1 cart (not authentic, but very kid-friendly).

The thing I really like about these cabs is that pretty much everything (apart from the monitor controls) can be accessed from the front, so no need to pull them away from the wall.

Post your pics! Big smile
neo-geo-mvs View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neo-geo-mvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2013 at 11:47am
I have the same cab but it currently has The Simpsons in it

I have an MVS to Jamma converter in it. Access from the front so is great. Also have a 4-slot in it waiting to be re-connected.

Really should get another cab, preferably a 6-button Xenon. So one for MVS and the other for JAMMA.

Love Electrocoin cabs - must have the red joysticks
.. It must be a random fatty
Fuzzy View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Novice grunt herder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fuzzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2013 at 11:55am
Originally posted by neo-geo-mvs neo-geo-mvs wrote:

I have the same cab but it currently has The Simpsons in it

I have an MVS to Jamma converter in it. Access from the front so is great. Also have a 4-slot in it waiting to be re-connected.

Really should get another cab, preferably a 6-button Xenon. So one for MVS and the other for JAMMA.

Love Electrocoin cabs - must have the red joysticks

Pics, or it didn't happen! LOL

Same here, I'm using an MVS to JAMMA converter for the 1-slot, and have played a few other horizontal JAMMA games in it. I really need to get another Goliath for horizontal games.

Jay

PS Pics! Tongue
muddymusic View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Official Porchy fan club member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2013 at 12:07pm
I'm sure you've all seen my Lordsvale MVS cab now. For those that haven't this was my first ever cab. I bought it non-working and in a very sorry state as it had been water damaged.

I spent months stripping, cleaning and repainting bits, had the monitor fixed, completely rewired it....everything. I ended up trading it for another cab (back when I thought 1 was plenty LOL) but earlier in the year had the chance to buy it back so jumped at the chance.

It's in stunning condition. Some of you will have played it at Play where it was running Twinkle Star Sprites. The cab is Jamma with a 1-slot MVS in stereo running a 138-in-1 multi cart.
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
Fuzzy View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Novice grunt herder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fuzzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2013 at 12:22pm
Lovely minty cab, mate! Really like the Lordsvale MVS cabs, was on my 'wants list' till I stumbled across the Electrocoin one.

Saw yours at Play Expo - it looks brand new!

LukeWells View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LukeWells Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2013 at 12:26pm
Jay that style of MVS cab is really cool with all the "extras" like the memory card slot, credit counter, headphone jack, illuminated mini-marquees etc. Big thumbs upThumbs Up

I have to ask though, has anyone ever used a memory card on the arcade machine? I've never heard of anyone having a use for them. Apparently the point is that you can play a game at home on your AES, then transfer it to memory card and continue playing the game on the MVS arcade cab.  Not sure why you would want to pay to play your game on an MVS in an arcde if you actually own the AES at home, so I guess that has a very limited appeal
LukeWells View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LukeWells Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2013 at 12:27pm
Your Lordsvale does indeed look very nice Olly Thumbs Up
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neo-geo-mvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2013 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by LukeWells LukeWells wrote:

I have to ask though, has anyone ever used a memory card on the arcade machine?

I have. It just saves the level your at for certain games like Metal Slug etc, not high scores
cosine View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2013 at 12:35pm
I really fancy a lordsvale, but they always seem to get snaffled by the time I discover one is up for sale LOL I'll get one some day though Smile
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my sanity the most.
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neo-geo-mvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2013 at 12:39pm
my camera can't seem to take a good picture of the screen, but the cab has a good pic. Non-stock mini marquees but I like the replacements so haven't changed;

jase38 View Drop Down
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jase38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2013 at 4:22pm
Heres my little Neo SC-19 4 slot

I've wrote a bit about it on my blog.

I've currently got Ganryu, Ironclad Brikin'ger (conversion), Pulstar and Sengoku 3 in the 4 slot. Smile
Tronads View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tronads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2013 at 4:41pm
Fuzzy / neo-geo-mvs,

Can you tell me what monitor you have in your Electrocoin Arcade cab please, is it the stock Hantarex 9000 ?

Ive been working on my restore project today and come stuck with the monitor replacement....I got a Polo 2, and that monitor comes in a protective frame, that also sits the chassis in it, whereas the one I took out had the chassis quite seperate, and the monitor was screwed in by the four lugs in the corners.

Obviously I was hoping for a straight swapout, but I am a bit of a loss which is the best way to move forward on this......

So what im interested in, is if your cabs have had a monitor swap in the past, and if so, how was the monitor dealt with ?
Pacman - 3,131,650
Donkey Kong - 389,000
paulmela View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulmela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2013 at 4:45pm
The Lordsvale cab is a thing of beauty and is a cab I will own one day.

Edited by paulmela - 18 October 2013 at 4:45pm
Wanted:MVS Games Andro Dunos, Blazing Star, Ghost Pilots, Last Resort, Metal Slug 5, Nam 1975, Robo Army, Sengoku 2 + 3, Strikers 1945, Zed Blade
Fuzzy View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Novice grunt herder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fuzzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2013 at 5:53pm
Tronads, yes mine is a 25" Hanty 9000. I think it's the original monitor, previous owner had the cab 10 years and he said the only thing he replaced was the 6-slot.

Some very nice cabs in this thread, keep 'em coming, fellas!
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neo-geo-mvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2013 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by Fuzzy Fuzzy wrote:

Tronads, yes mine is a 25" Hanty 9000. I think it's the original monitor, previous owner had the cab 10 years and he said the only thing he replaced was the 6-slot.

Some very nice cabs in this thread, keep 'em coming, fellas!

+ 1

Sure mine is the same last I look. Pretty dusty in the back
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neo-geo-mvs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2013 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by jase38 jase38 wrote:

Heres my little Neo SC-19 4 slot

I've wrote a bit about it on my blog.

I've currently got Ganryu, Ironclad Brikin'ger (conversion), Pulstar and Sengoku 3 in the 4 slot. Smile

This is one of my favourite MVS cabs. Love everything about it - very stylish. Awesome buttons and stick and that screen looks crystal clear
jase38 View Drop Down
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jase38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2013 at 2:03pm

Cheers neo-geo-mvs.  Its a lovely little cab, i'm really pleased with it. Smile

This cab also comes in two other flavours, SC-14 and SC-25 which refer to the monitor sizes.  Both are rare as hens teeth.  I'd especially love a dinky SC-14, which came with a two slot mobo. Smile

Its always great to see the different types of dedicated Neo cabs, thanks for sharing.
paulie View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2013 at 8:15pm
I used to have a lovely lordsvale, same as the one muddymiusic has but i gave it to a friend many years ago, I really regret letting that one go. I also had a cab that was almost the same as fuzzy's and neogeomvs' cabs but the marquee on mine looked a lot smaller (height wise) and only had space for either 4 or possibly even 5 mini's. 

I currently have a pair of SNK SC19-4 cabs, same as jase's Smile

The twins, i need to put some mini's in one of the cabs Embarrassed

Old pics of the cabs turned on, moved the games room around since 

Flyers

Edited by paulie - 19 October 2013 at 8:17pm
jase38 View Drop Down
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jase38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2013 at 8:35pm
Awesome lookin cabs Paulie.  Always good to see some Strikers 1945 Plus love as well. Smile

Whats the game in the other Neo?
paulmela View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulmela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2013 at 8:48pm
The Neo SC-19 4 slot looks an ideal size for my boys bedroom after seeing it next to that Naomi. Just got to find one nowWink
Wanted:MVS Games Andro Dunos, Blazing Star, Ghost Pilots, Last Resort, Metal Slug 5, Nam 1975, Robo Army, Sengoku 2 + 3, Strikers 1945, Zed Blade
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic