Forum Home Forum Home > General Arcade Chat > Players Guides/Walkthroughs and Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Replay: R-Type - 1life - Loop1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee-lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2012 at 12:49am
Originally posted by vib_ribbon vib_ribbon wrote:

Originally posted by Lee-lee Lee-lee wrote:

How many times you played??? I can only get to stage 2 with one life!!!

c'mon, you can do better than that surely. Wink

No honest that's about as far as I can get on 1 life but I must admit I'm normaly with beer!!
Smraedis View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smraedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2012 at 5:28pm
Thanks
Since I could get up to stage 6 on most runs (and lose a life there) I tried my best to learn a safe way through the stage, while maximising points still.
.SM on YouTube     
Monstermug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monstermug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2012 at 5:37pm
For the life of me i cannot get past stage 4 without dying!
Nimajamin View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nimajamin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2012 at 9:44pm
End - to - end with one life!?!?! Shocked

Sir, I bow down to you. Clap

(Level 4 kicks my ass)
Nimajamin View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nimajamin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2012 at 9:53pm
Oh Yeh, Told my mate about the MT - R-Type conversion today... and he replied:

"Par-Type"   ClapLOL
Ex_Mosquito View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ex_Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2012 at 10:50am
Level 4 is pretty tricky at first. Be aware though that the enemies come in the same place everytime, so it's just a matter of learning where everything comes from and thinking of a creative way of handling them without dying, no excuse! ;)

Hah Par-Type. I'll have to remember that ;)

Mark.
My Arcade 1-Credit Replays
http://www.youtube.com/user/exmosquito
devtty0 View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devtty0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2012 at 12:55pm
your skills are complete young padawan!

.. I'm another die-on-level-4 level standard :-(
Nimajamin View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nimajamin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2012 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by devtty0 devtty0 wrote:

.. I'm another die-on-level-4 level standard :-(

Join the resistance..! (Lead solder is preferable)
devtty0 View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devtty0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2012 at 2:35pm
:-) haha yeah, thats about it!
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ex_Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2012 at 3:22pm
Stage 4 isn't that hard really. The only real threat are the dot-trailing enemies that come from all directions, you just need to learn where they come from and where you should be positioned to take them out. Some of them you need to kill quick and others you can just let trail off, experiment different ideas. Also try and be consistent with your strategies and positioning, try not to improvise a different route everytime relying on luck, try and form a gameplan and be consistent. A trick I use to remember exactly when a particularly hard enemy is coming up is to use the scrolling and scenery as a marker/landmark. For example: when the graphic on the floor of a pipe scrolls up with the end of the charge beam bar, the fat dot-eater comes from the top. That's personally how I learnt the game. It's 100% the same every game so it's perfectly doable. ;)

Edited by Ex_Mosquito - 30 October 2012 at 8:51pm
Monstermug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monstermug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2012 at 4:13pm
I'm quite glad I can't get past 4th stage to be honest.  Such a great game I don't want to finish it.  
h0ffman View Drop Down
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0ffman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2012 at 5:46pm
Bloody hell man!  I bet when you get to the last stage you're shitting bricks!!!  Love R-Type.

Lee-lee View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee-lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2012 at 9:56pm
Update.

I can now get to the 3rd stage on 1 life but the big ship thing keeps getting me.

Any advice?
h0ffman View Drop Down
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0ffman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2012 at 10:08pm
Don't get shot! Seriously though, I've started practising in mame this week. I opt for the reflect laser for the start to get the gun turret hiding in the corner at the front underneath. Then switch to the full power fremont laser circle thing. Get to the back of the ship, once you're there that's as far as its going. I killed it by just flying the ship introduce into the eye when it moved back.

Ive been practising this week and have done up to level 4 just today. Needles to say as I've. Of practised it I lasted all of 30 seconds!
WANTED: R-Type
singy1uk View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote singy1uk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2012 at 6:48pm
Use the yellow weapon on the 3rd stage as it hugs the body of the ship and knocks out the gun turrets,then mid way under the ship change to the red weapon. once through to the back end place your force shield on your rear to take out the turrets .by keeping it on the rear to protect you from the blue balls fired from the ship.you can then use your power beam to shoot the eye killing it in one shot.
Mark.
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ex_Mosquito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2013 at 2:54pm
Re-uploaded in 1 file instead of 2 now that youtube has taken off my 15min restriction. Thanks youtube!

Edited by Ex_Mosquito - 16 June 2013 at 3:29pm
babyblue View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2016 at 1:26pm
Cool playthrough! I actually have the pc engine Cd version R-type complete.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic